Pictophilia: Sexual arousal gained from pornographic pictures or art.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Pictophilia is available below.
Symptoms of Pictophilia
- Sexual arousal gained from pornographic pictures or art
- Recurring intense sexual fantasies involving pornographic pictures or art
- Recurring intense sexual urges involving pornographic pictures or art
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Pictophilia
Treatments for Pictophilia
- Psychoanalysis, hypnosis, behavior therapy, cognitive therapy, drug therapy
- Treatment may not be sought unless the condition becomes problematic for the person in some way, or they come under scrutiny of the legal system, and become compelled to address their condition. Many people simply learn to accept their fetish and manage to achieve gratification in an appropriate manner. If treatment is sought, general treatment options for fetishes may include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Orgasmic reconditioning
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Pictophilia
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Pictophilia:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
Wrongly Diagnosed with Pictophilia?
Causes of Pictophilia
Read more about causes of Pictophilia.
Pictophilia: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Pictophilia
Undiagnosed stroke leads to misdiagnosed aphasia: BBC News UK reported on a man who
had been institutionalized and treated for mental illness
because he suffered from sudden inability to speak.
This was...read more »
Dementia may be a drug interaction: A common scenario in aged care is for
a patient to show mental decline to dementia.
Whereas this can, of course, occur due to various medical...read more »
ADHD under-diagnosed in adults: Although the over-diagnoses of ADHD
in children is a well-known controversy, the reverse side related to adults.
Some adults can remain undiagnosed,...read more »
Bipolar disorder misdiagosed as various conditions by primary physicians: Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder)
often fails to be diagnosed correctly by primary care physicians.
Many patients with...read more »
Eating disorders under-diagnosed in men: The typical patient with
an eating disorder is female.
The result is that men with eating disorders often fail to be diagnosed or
have a delayed diagnosis.
See misdiagnosis of eating...read more »
Depression undiagnosed in teenagers: Serious bouts of depression can be
undiagnosed in teenagers.
The "normal" moodiness of teenagers can cause severe medical depression
to be...read more »
Undiagnosed anxiety disorders related to depression: Patients with depression (see symptoms of depression)
may also have undiagnosed anxiety disorders (see symptoms of anxiety...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Pictophilia
Pictophilia: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Pictophilia
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Pictophilia:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Pictophilia,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Pictophilia: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Pictophilia: Broader Related Topics
Types of Pictophilia
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Pictophilia, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Pictophilia:
» Next page: What is Pictophilia?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: