Plaque psoriasis: Introduction
Plaque psoriasis: Plaque psoriasis is the most common presentation of psoriasis and of all the patterns is the most likely to affect the typical areas of the elbows, knees, umbilicus and lower back.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Plaque psoriasis is available below.
Symptoms of Plaque psoriasis
- Patients report prominent itchy, red areas with increased skin scaling and peeling.
- Patients are particularly aware of lesions on the scalp and extensor surfaces.
- Patients typically are self-conscious about their lesions and commonly report using clothing to cover affected sites and avoiding potentially embarrassing social activities.
- Patients commonly recognize that new lesions appear at sites of injury or trauma to the skin.
- This isomorphic phenomenon (Koebner reaction) typically occurs 7-14 days after the skin has been injured and has been found in 38-76% of patients with plaque psoriasis.
- more symptoms...»
See full list of 8
symptoms of Plaque psoriasis
Treatments for Plaque psoriasis
Read more about treatments for Plaque psoriasis
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Plaque psoriasis:
- Allergies -- Related Home Tests
Wrongly Diagnosed with Plaque psoriasis?
Plaque psoriasis: Complications
Review possible medical complications related to Plaque psoriasis:
- The condition may, however, be complicated by several comorbidities including malignancy, arthritis, and emotional distress from the cosmetic effects of the disease. Depression, anxiety, sexual dysfunction, poor self-esteem, and suicidal thoughts may coexist with psoriasis, even in patients with less severe disease
- more complications...»
Causes of Plaque psoriasis
Read more about causes of Plaque psoriasis
More information about causes of Plaque psoriasis:
Plaque psoriasis: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Plaque psoriasis
Psoriasis often undiagnosed cause of skin symptoms in children: Children who suffer
from the skin disorder called psoriasis can often go undiagnosed.
The main problem is that psoriasis is...read more »
Psoriatic arthritis often undiagnosed cause of joint conditions: Patients with the skin condition psoriasis
can also have the related arthritis subtype called "psoriatic arthritis"....read more »
Chronic lung diseases hard to diagnose: Some of the chronic lung diseases
are difficult to diagnose.
Even the well-knowns conditions such as asthma...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Plaque psoriasis
Plaque psoriasis: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Skin Health Specialists (Dermatology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Plaque psoriasis: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Plaque psoriasis: Animations
More Plaque psoriasis animations & videos
Plaque psoriasis: Broader Related Topics
Types of Plaque psoriasis
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Plaque psoriasis, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Plaque psoriasis:
» Next page: What is Plaque psoriasis?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: