Symptoms of Plaque psoriasis
Symptoms of Plaque psoriasis
The list of signs and symptoms mentioned in various sources
for Plaque psoriasis includes the 8
symptoms listed below:
- Patients report prominent itchy, red areas with increased skin scaling and peeling.
- Patients are particularly aware of lesions on the scalp and extensor surfaces.
- Patients typically are self-conscious about their lesions and commonly report using clothing to cover affected sites and avoiding potentially embarrassing social activities.
- Patients commonly recognize that new lesions appear at sites of injury or trauma to the skin.
- This isomorphic phenomenon (Koebner reaction) typically occurs 7-14 days after the skin has been injured and has been found in 38-76% of patients with plaque psoriasis.
- In some patients, so-called reverse-Koebner reactions have also been noted in which preexisting psoriatic plaques actually clear after injury or trauma to the skin.
- Patients may report that their disease worsens in the winter and improves in the summer.
- Significant joint pain, stiffness, and deformity are reported in the 10-20% of patients with psoriasis who develop psoriatic arthritis.
- more information...»
Research symptoms & diagnosis of Plaque psoriasis:
Plaque psoriasis: Complications
Review medical complications possibly associated with Plaque psoriasis:
- The condition may, however, be complicated by several comorbidities including malignancy, arthritis, and emotional distress from the cosmetic effects of the disease. Depression, anxiety, sexual dysfunction, poor self-esteem, and suicidal thoughts may coexist with psoriasis, even in patients with less severe disease
- more complications...»
Research More About Plaque psoriasis
Do I have Plaque psoriasis?
Plaque psoriasis: Medical Mistakes
Plaque psoriasis: Undiagnosed Conditions
Diseases that may be commonly undiagnosed in related medical areas:
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical tests related to Plaque psoriasis:
- Allergies -- Related Home Tests
- Food Allergies & Intolerances: Home Testing:
- more home tests...»
Plaque psoriasis: Research Doctors & Specialists
- Allergy Specialists:
- Immune-Related Disease Specialists (Immunology):
- Skin Health Specialists (Dermatology):
- Lung Health Specialists (Pulmonologist):
- more specialists...»
Research all specialists including ratings, affiliations, and sanctions.
More about symptoms of Plaque psoriasis:
More information about symptoms of Plaque psoriasis and related conditions:
Plaque psoriasis: Onset and Incubation
Onset of Plaque psoriasis: chronic on onset
Medical articles and books on symptoms:
These general reference articles may be of interest
in relation to medical signs and symptoms of disease in general:
Full list of premium articles on symptoms and diagnosis
About signs and symptoms of Plaque psoriasis:
The symptom information on this page
attempts to provide a list of some possible signs and symptoms of Plaque psoriasis.
This signs and symptoms information for Plaque psoriasis has been gathered from various sources,
may not be fully accurate,
and may not be the full list of Plaque psoriasis signs or Plaque psoriasis symptoms.
Furthermore, signs and symptoms of Plaque psoriasis may vary on an individual basis for each patient.
Only your doctor can provide adequate diagnosis of any signs or symptoms and whether they
are indeed Plaque psoriasis symptoms.