Plushophilia: Sexual interest in stuffed toys or people dressed as animals.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Plushophilia is available below.
Symptoms of Plushophilia
- Sexual interest in stuffed toys
- Sexual interest in people dressed as animals
- Abnormal amount of time spent thinking about stuffed toys or people dressed as animals
- Recurring intense sexual fantasies involving stuffed toys or people dressed as animals
- Recurring intense sexual urges involving stuffed toys or people dressed as animals
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Plushophilia
Treatments for Plushophilia
- Psychoanalysis, hypnosis, behavior therapy, cognitive therapy, drug therapy
- Treatment may not generally be sought unless the condition becomes problematic for the person in some way, or they come under scrutiny of the legal system, and become compelled to address their condition. Many people simply learn to accept their fetish and manage to achieve gratification in an appropriate manner. If treatment is sought, general treatment options for fetishes may include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Orgasmic reconditioning
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Plushophilia
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Plushophilia:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Plushophilia?
Causes of Plushophilia
Read more about causes of Plushophilia.
Plushophilia: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Plushophilia
Undiagnosed stroke leads to misdiagnosed aphasia: BBC News UK reported on a man who
had been institutionalized and treated for mental illness
because he suffered from sudden inability to speak.
This was...read more »
Dementia may be a drug interaction: A common scenario in aged care is for
a patient to show mental decline to dementia.
Whereas this can, of course, occur due to...read more »
ADHD under-diagnosed in adults: Although the over-diagnoses of ADHD
in children is a well-known controversy, the reverse side related to adults.
Some adults can remain undiagnosed, and...read more »
Bipolar disorder misdiagosed as various conditions by primary physicians: Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder)
often fails to be diagnosed correctly by primary care physicians.
Many patients with bipolar seek...read more »
Eating disorders under-diagnosed in men: The typical patient with
an eating disorder is female.
The result is that men with eating disorders often fail to be...read more »
Depression undiagnosed in teenagers: Serious bouts of depression can be
undiagnosed in teenagers.
The "normal" moodiness of teenagers can cause severe...read more »
Undiagnosed anxiety disorders related to depression: Patients with depression (see symptoms of depression)
may also have undiagnosed anxiety disorders (see ...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Plushophilia
Plushophilia: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Plushophilia
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Plushophilia:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Plushophilia,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Plushophilia: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Plushophilia: Broader Related Topics
Types of Plushophilia
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Plushophilia, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Plushophilia:
» Next page: What is Plushophilia?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: