Causes of Prostate Cancer
Prostate Cancer Causes: Risk Factors
The following conditions have been cited in various
sources as potentially causal risk factors
related to Prostate Cancer:
Race Patterns for Prostate Cancer Causes:
Racial Details for Prostate Cancer: This disease is much more common in African
American men than in white men. It is less common... (Source: excerpt from What You Need To Know About Prostate Cancer: NCI)
Prostate Cancer Causes: Male-Female Gender Ratio
Gender of Patients for Prostate Cancer: Male only....more »
Prostate Cancer: Related Medical Conditions
To research the causes of Prostate Cancer, consider researching the causes of these
these diseases that may be similar, or associated with Prostate Cancer:
Prostate Cancer: Causes and Types
Causes of Types of Prostate Cancer: Review the cause informationfor the various types of Prostate Cancer:
- Stages of the cancer:
- Stage I (A) prostate cancer - tumor so small it cannot be felt by a DRE; tumor has not spread.
- Stage II (B) prostate cancer - tumor larger (can be felt by DRE), but has not spread beyond prostrate.
- Stage III (C) prostate cancer - local spreading to tissue near the prostrate.
- Stage IV (D) prostate cancer - spread to lymph nodes or has metastasized to other body areas.
- more types...»
Causes of Broader Categories of Prostate Cancer: Review the causal information about the various more general categories of medical conditions:
Prostate Cancer as a symptom:
Conditions listing Prostate Cancer
as a symptom may also be potential underlying causes of Prostate Cancer.
Our database lists the following as having
Prostate Cancer as a symptom of that condition:
- Li-Fraumeni syndrome
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 1
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 10
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 11
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 12
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 13
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 14
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 15
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 2
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 3
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 4
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 5
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 6
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 7
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 8
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, 9
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, X-linked 1
- Prostate cancer, hereditary, X-linked 2
Medications or substances causing Prostate Cancer:
The following drugs, medications, substances or toxins are some of the possible
causes of Prostate Cancer as a symptom.
This list is incomplete and various other drugs or substances
may cause your symptoms.
Always advise your doctor of any medications or treatments you are using,
including prescription, over-the-counter, supplements, herbal or alternative treatments.
See full list of 11
medications causing Prostate Cancer
What causes Prostate Cancer?
Article excerpts about the
causes of Prostate Cancer:
Some aspects of a man's lifestyle may affect his chances of
developing prostate cancer. For example, some evidence
suggests a link between diet and this disease. These studies
show that prostate cancer is more common in populations that
consume a high-fat diet (particularly animal fat), and in
populations that have diets lacking certain nutrients.
Although it is not known whether a diet low in fat will
prevent prostate cancer, a low-fat diet may have many other
Some research suggests that high levels of testosterone may
increase a man's risk of prostate cancer. The difference
between racial groups in prostate cancer risk could be related
to high testosterone levels, but it also could result from
diet or other lifestyle factors.
Researchers also are looking for changes in genes
that may increase the risk for developing prostate cancer.
They are studying the genes of men who were diagnosed with
prostate cancer at a relatively young age (less than 55 years
old) and the genes of families who have several members with
the disease. Much more work is needed, however, before
scientists can say exactly how changes in these genes are
related to prostate cancer. Men with a family history of
prostate cancer who are concerned about an inherited risk for
this disease should talk with their doctor. The doctor may
suggest seeing a health professional trained in
genetics. (Source: excerpt from What You Need To Know About Prostate Cancer: NCI)
Medical news summaries relating to Prostate Cancer:
The following medical news items are relevant to causes of Prostate Cancer:
Related information on causes of Prostate Cancer:
As with all medical conditions,
there may be many causal factors.
Further relevant information on causes of Prostate Cancer may be found in: