Prostate stones: Introduction
Prostate stones: Stones in the prostate are very common. They appear to be calcified proteinaceous bodies called corpora amylacea.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Prostate stones is available below.
Symptoms of Prostate stones
- This condition usually does not cause symptoms in and of themselves but may be associated with the symptoms of BPH which men can get as they age and their BPH progresses.
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Prostate stones
Treatments for Prostate stones
Read more about treatments for Prostate stones
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Prostate stones:
Wrongly Diagnosed with Prostate stones?
Causes of Prostate stones
- Secretions of the prostate cannot get out of the gland because of the disarray of the architecture of the ducts due to benign prostatic hypertrophy, an almost universal growth of the prostate in men as they age. It is thought that these secretions dry out or become "inspissated" and form into a round proteinaceous body, much like a pearl in an oyster. They then become calcified
- Secondary to an infection with insufficiently drained pus and detritus, eventually calcifying
- more causes...»
Read more about causes of Prostate stones
More information about causes of Prostate stones:
Prostate stones: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Prostate stones
Alzheimer's disease over-diagnosed: The well-known disease of Alzheimer's disease
is often over-diagnosed.
Patients tend to assume that any memory...read more »
Dementia may be a drug interaction: A common scenario in aged care is for
a patient to show mental decline to dementia.
Whereas this can, of course, occur due to various medical...read more »
Tremor need not be Parkinson's disease: There is the tendency to believe that
any tremor symptom, or shakiness, means Parkinson's disease...read more »
Rare diseases misdiagnosed as Parkinson's disease: A rare genetic
disorder is often misdiagnosed as Parkinson's disease for men in their 50's.
The...read more »
Interstitial cystitis an under-diagnosed bladder condition: The medical
condition of interstitial cystitic is a bladder condition that can be...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Prostate stones
Prostate stones: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
- Urinary & Bladder Specialists (Urology):
- Kidney Health Specialists (Nephrology):
- Senior Health Specialists (Geriatrics):
- more specialists...»
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Prostate stones
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Prostate stones:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Prostate stones,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Prostate stones: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Prostate stones: Animations
More Prostate stones animations & videos
Prostate stones: Broader Related Topics
Types of Prostate stones
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Prostate stones, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Prostate stones:
» Next page: What is Prostate stones?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: