Prognosis of Sepsis
Life Expectancy and Survival Rates
Survival rate for Sepsis: 29.01% of cases of sepsis resulted in death in the US 2000-2002 (Patient Safety in American Hospitals, Health Grades 2004) ...see also deaths and Sepsis
Complications of Sepsis may include:
See also complications of Sepsis.
Death Statistics for Sepsis
The following are statistics from various sources
about deaths related to Sepsis:
- 5,040 deaths from sepsis were attributable to the patient safety incident in the US 2000-2002 (Patient Safety in American Hospitals, Health Grades 2004)
- bacterial sepsis of newborn caused 2.5% of deaths less than 1 year old in USA 1999 [NVSR 2001]
- bacterial sepsis of newborn caused 3.5% of deaths for neonates in USA 1999 [NVSR 2001] [CDC NVSR 2001]
- more death statistics...»
Sepsis: Research More
The 'prognosis' of Sepsis usually refers to the likely outcome
The prognosis of Sepsis
may include the duration of Sepsis, chances of complications of Sepsis,
prospects for recovery, recovery period for Sepsis, survival rates,
and other outcome possibilities in the overall prognosis of Sepsis.
Naturally, such forecast issues are by their nature unpredictable.
» Next page: Types of Sepsis
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: