Somnophilia: A sexual preference for unconscious or sleeping people.
More detailed information about the symptoms,
causes, and treatments of Somnophilia is available below.
Symptoms of Somnophilia
- Sexual preference for unconscious
- Sexual preference for sleeping people
- Abnormal amount of time spent thinking about unconscious or sleeping people
- Recurring intense sexual fantasies involving unconscious or sleeping people
- Recurring intense sexual urges involving unconscious or sleeping people
- more symptoms...»
Read more about symptoms of Somnophilia
Treatments for Somnophilia
- Psychoanalysis, hypnosis, behavior therapy, cognitive therapy, drug therapy
- Treatment may not be sought unless the condition becomes problematic for the person in some way, or they come under scrutiny of the legal system, and become compelled to address their condition. Many people simply learn to accept their fetish and manage to achieve gratification in an appropriate manner. If treatment is sought, general treatment options for fetishes may include:
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Orgasmic reconditioning
- more treatments...»
Read more about treatments for Somnophilia
Home Diagnostic Testing
Home medical testing related to Somnophilia:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
Wrongly Diagnosed with Somnophilia?
Causes of Somnophilia
Read more about causes of Somnophilia.
Somnophilia: Undiagnosed Conditions
Commonly undiagnosed diseases in related medical categories:
Misdiagnosis and Somnophilia
Undiagnosed stroke leads to misdiagnosed aphasia: BBC News UK reported on a man who
had been institutionalized and treated for mental illness
because he...read more »
Dementia may be a drug interaction: A common scenario in aged care is for
a patient to show mental decline to dementia.
Whereas this can, of...read more »
ADHD under-diagnosed in adults: Although the over-diagnoses of ADHD
in children is a well-known controversy, the reverse side related to adults.
Some adults can remain undiagnosed, and indeed the condition has usually been
overlooked...read more »
Bipolar disorder misdiagosed as various conditions by primary physicians: Bipolar disorder (manic-depressive disorder)
often fails to be diagnosed...read more »
Eating disorders under-diagnosed in men: The typical patient with
an eating disorder is female.
The result is that men with eating disorders often fail to be diagnosed or
have a delayed...read more »
Depression undiagnosed in teenagers: Serious bouts of depression can be
undiagnosed in teenagers.
The "normal" moodiness of teenagers can cause severe medical...read more »
Undiagnosed anxiety disorders related to depression: Patients with depression (see symptoms of depression)
may also have undiagnosed anxiety disorders (see symptoms of anxiety...read more »
Read more about Misdiagnosis and Somnophilia
Somnophilia: Research Doctors & Specialists
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Hospitals & Clinics: Somnophilia
Research quality ratings and patient safety measures
for medical facilities in specialties related to Somnophilia:
Hospital & Clinic quality ratings »
Choosing the Best Hospital:
More general information, not necessarily in relation to Somnophilia,
on hospital performance and surgical care quality:
Somnophilia: Rare Types
Rare types of diseases and disorders in related medical categories:
Somnophilia: Broader Related Topics
Types of Somnophilia
User Interactive Forums
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Somnophilia, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Contents for Somnophilia:
» Next page: What is Somnophilia?
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: