See what questions
a doctor would ask.
Sweetshrub poisoning: The sweetshrub is a large deciduous shrub which bears brownish-red flowers and seeds enclosed in a thick fiber casing. The plant may be found growing in the wild or in gardens as an ornamental plant. The crushed leaves have a strawberry odor. The seeds contain chemicals (calycanthin, alkaloids) which can cause symptoms if eaten in large quantities. The ingestion of large quantities by patients with underlying heart problems is more likely to cause symptoms. More detailed information about the symptoms, causes, and treatments of Sweetshrub poisoning is available below.
Home medical testing related to Sweetshrub poisoning:
Review possible medical complications related to Sweetshrub poisoning:
Read more about causes of Sweetshrub poisoning.
Research related physicians and medical specialists:
Other doctor, physician and specialist research services:
Prognosis for Sweetshrub poisoning: Severity of symptoms vary depending on the amount of plant material consumed and the body size of the person. Children tend to suffer more severe symptoms due to their smaller body size.
Read about other experiences, ask a question about Sweetshrub poisoning, or answer someone else's question, on our message boards:
Search Specialists by State and City