Prognosis of Syphilis
Deaths and Mortality Rates
Deaths from Syphilis: 33 deaths reported in USA 1999 (NVSR Sep 2001)
Estimated mortality rate for Syphilis from incidence and deaths statistics:
- Deaths: 32 (USA annual deaths calculated from this data:
33 deaths reported in USA 1999 (NVSR Sep 2001))
- Incidence: 70,000 (USA annual incidence calculated from this data:
70,000 cases (NIAID; CDC 2001)
- 0.047% (ratio of deaths to incidence).
- See also Deaths and Syphilis and Overview of Syphilis.
Complications of Syphilis may include:
Complications of Syphilis from the Diseases Database include:
Source: Diseases Database
See also complications of Syphilis.
Death Statistics for Syphilis
The following are statistics from various sources
about deaths related to Syphilis:
- Syphilis death statistics for various regions worldwide:
- About 89,000 deaths from syphilis in Africa 2002 (The World Health Report, WHO, 2004)
- About 1,000 deaths from syphilis in The Americas 2002 (The World Health Report, WHO, 2004)
- About 43,000 deaths from syphilis in South East Asia 2002 (The World Health Report, WHO, 2004)
- About 21,000 deaths from syphilis in Eastern Mediterranean 2002 (The World Health Report, WHO, 2004)
- more death statistics...»
Syphilis: Research More
The 'prognosis' of Syphilis usually refers to the likely outcome
The prognosis of Syphilis
may include the duration of Syphilis, chances of complications of Syphilis,
prospects for recovery, recovery period for Syphilis, survival rates,
and other outcome possibilities in the overall prognosis of Syphilis.
Naturally, such forecast issues are by their nature unpredictable.
» Next page: Types of Syphilis
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: