Diagnostic Tests for Abdominal mass
Diagnostic Test list for Abdominal mass:
The list of diagnostic tests
mentioned in various sources as
used in the diagnosis of Abdominal mass
- General appearance - looking for jaundice, signs of recent weight loss.
- Palpate the abdominal mass - to determine site, tenderness, size, shape, surface, edge, and mobility.
- Examine neck and groin lymph nodes
- Rectal examination - looking for mass or blood.
- Blood tests
- Stool examination - looking for occult blood.
- Radiographic investigations depending on location of mass and associated symptoms
- X-ray abdomen
- Upper GI series
- Barium enema
- Small bowel series
- Abdominal ultrasound scan
- CT scan of abdomen and pelvis - useful in differentiating all types of masses.
- ERCP is useful in diagnosing pancreatic cancer and bile duct cancer
- Endoscopic procedure - to help diagnose stomach cancer, colon cancer and diverticulitis.
- Surgical investigations depending on location of mass and associated symptoms - e.g. Laparoscopy is useful in diagnosing many types of masses, Exploratory laparotomy is a useful way of establishing a diagnosis.
Home Diagnostic Testing
These home medical tests may be relevant to Abdominal mass causes:
- Food Allergies & Intolerances: Home Testing:
- Digestive-Related Home Testing:
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Abdominal mass:
The following list of conditions
have 'Abdominal mass' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Abdominal mass or choose View All.
» Next page: Glossary
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: