Glossary for Acromegaly
Medical terms related to Acromegaly or mentioned in this section include:
- Acromegaloid, Cutis Verticis Gyrata, Corneal Leukoma Syndrome: A rare condition characterized by the association of acromegaly, cutis verticis gyrate and corneal leukoma.
- Acromegaly: An abnormal enlargement of the limbs due to increased secretion of growth hormone after the cessation of puberty
- Adenoma: A tumor derived from the epithelial cells from a gland.
- Adrenal Cancer: A malignant cancer that develops in the adrenal gland. The tumor may be nonfunctioning (does not produce hormones) or functioning in which case excessive levels of hormones can cause a variety of symptoms depending on which hormone is involved. Adrenal hormones made in the cortex (outer part of the gland) are aldosterone, corticosteroids and androgenic steroids. Adrenalin and noradrenalin are the hormones made in the medulla (central part of the adrenal gland).
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Carney syndrome: A very rare syndrome characterized by spotty pigmentation on the skin and the development of multiple benign tumors (myxoma) that can occur just about anywhere in the body but mainly in the skin, breast and heart and endocrine glands such as the thyroid and pituitary gland. The symptoms are highly variable depending on the location, size and number of tumors. Endocrine gland tumors can affect hormone production and hence result in a range of symptoms.
- Child health symptoms: Symptoms related to pediatric (child) health.
- Developmental problems: Physical or mental development difficulty.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Growth symptoms: Symptoms related to poor or excessive growth.
- Growth-hormone secreting pituitary adenoma, colonic polyposis, lipomatosis, lentigines and renal carcinoma: An inherited cancer syndrome involving kidney cancer, polyposis of the colon and a pituitary tumor.
- Hand symptoms: Symptoms affecting the hand
- Infant symptoms: Symptoms affecting babies and infants.
- Insulin resistance, short fifth metacarpals: A rare syndrome characterized by short fifth fingers and fifth hand bones as well as insulin resistance.
- Large feet: Large size of the feet
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Lung cancer: Lung cancer is a disease of uncontrolled cell growth in tissues of the lung. This growth may lead to metastasis, which is the invasion of adjacent tissue and infiltration beyond the lungs. Most lung tumors are malignant.
- McCune-Albright Syndrome: A rare genetic multisystem disorder characterized by abnormal skin pigmentation and endocrine gland dysfunction and replacement of parts of bone tissue with fibrous material.
- Mental retardation, X-linked -- acromegaly -- hyperactivity: A rare syndrome characterized mainly by mental retardation, hyperactivity and enlarged hands, feet and testes.
- Nevi -- atrial myxoma -- myxoid neurofibromata -- ephelides: A very rare syndrome characterized by spotty pigmentation on the skin and the development of multiple benign tumors (myxoma) that can occur just about anywhere in the body but mainly in the skin, breast and heart and endocrine glands such as the thyroid and pituitary gland. The symptoms are highly variable depending on the location, size and number of tumors. Endocrine gland tumors can affect hormone production and hence result in a range of symptoms.
- Pancreatic cancer: Pancreatic cancer is a malignant neoplasm of the pancreas
- Pituitary Cancer: Cancer of the pituitary gland.
- Skeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skeletal system such as the bones.
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Tallness: Excessive body height.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Acromegaly:
The following list of conditions
have 'Acromegaly' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Acromegaly or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Acromegaly:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Acromegaly'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: