Glossary for Acute wheezing worse when lying down
Medical terms related to Acute wheezing worse when lying down or mentioned in this section include:
- Aortic stenosis: A condition which affects the aortic valve of the heart resulting in stenosis of the valve.
- Asthma: A condition which is characterized by recurrent attacks of paroxysmal dyspnoea
- Atrioventricular Septal Defects: Defect in the wall between the atrium and ventricle.
- Breath sound symptoms: Breathing sounds like wheezing or stridor.
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Breathing symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Bronchitis: Inflammation of the bronchi as a symptom
- COPD: Severe obstruction of bronchial air flow typically from bronchitis and/or emphysema.
- Congenital heart disease: Diseases of the heart that one is born with
- Congestive heart failure: A condition which is characterized by breathlessness due to oedema and congestion of the lungs
- Cor Triatriatum: A rare congenital malformation where the heart has three atria instead of the normal two due to the presence of a separating membrane.
- Down Syndrome: A chromosome syndrome causing physical effects and mental retardation.
- Emphysema: Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It is defined as an abnormal, permanent enlargement of the air spaces distal to the terminal bronchioles accompanied by destruction of their walls and without obvious fibrosis.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heart valve disorder:
- Heartburn: Heartburn is a burning sensation experienced behind the breastbone in the upper chest due to regurgitation of stomach contents.
- Hypovolemia: a state of decreased blood volume; more specifically, decrease in volume of blood plasma
- Left heart failure: Failure of the left side of the heart
- Lung sound symptoms: Sounds originating from the lungs.
- Lung symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both lungs.
- Mitral stenosis: Narrowing of the mitral heart valve
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Myocardial infarction: blood supply to part of the heart is interrupted
- Orthopnea: is the dyspnoea which occurs on lying down and is relieved on sitting up
- Panic attack: A condition which is characterized by an acute episode of intense anxiety
- Pleural effusion: A fluid collection between the layers that surround the lungs and chest wall.
- Polycystic liver disease: A rare inherited disorder involving the formation of numerous cysts in the liver.
- Pulmonary edema: A condition which is characterized by engorgement of the pulmonary vessels and transudation of fluid into the alveoli
- Pulmonary oedema: Caused by changes in the hydrostatic forces in capillaries or increased capillary permeability that results in diffuse oedema in pulmonary tissues and air spaces
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Septic shock: serious medical condition caused by decreased tissue perfusion and oxygen delivery as a result of infection and sepsis, though the microbe may be systemic or localized to a particular site
- Severe wheezing worse when lying down: also known as orthopnea is the dyspnoea which occurs on lying down and is relieved on sitting up
- Severe wheezing worse when lying down as in case of COPD: also known as orthopnea is the dyspnoea which occurs on lying down and is relieved on sitting up
- Sleep apnea: A condition which is characterized by transient attacks of apnea that usually occur during ones sleep
- Superior vena cava syndrome: A condition caused by compression or obstruction to the normal circulation of the superior vena cava which carries deoxygenated blood from the body tissues back to the heart.
- Throat symptoms: Symptoms affecting the throat
- Wheezing: Breathing difficulty with specific wheezing sound.
- Wheezing symptoms: also known as laryngotracheobronchitis
- Wheezing worse when lying down: also known as orthopnea is the dyspnoea which occurs on lying down and is relieved on sitting up
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Acute wheezing worse when lying down:
The following list of conditions
have 'Acute wheezing worse when lying down' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Acute wheezing worse when lying down or choose View All.
» Next page: Acutely arched back
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: