Glossary for Alcohol intoxication
Medical terms related to Alcohol intoxication or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Addiction symptoms: Symptoms related to addiction (physical or mental addiction)
- Alcohol -- Teratogenic Agent: There is strong evidence to indicate that exposure to Alcohol during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Alcohol abuse: Excessive alcohol as a symptom of other conditions
- Alcohol use: Use of alcohol (as a symptom)
- Alcohol-Induced Disorders: Disorders caused by excessive alcohol consumption. The symptoms are variable depending on the disorder involved. Some of the disorders are: alcohol abuse, alcohol dependence, alcohol intoxication, alcohol withdrawal, alcohol intoxication delirium, alcohol withdrawal delirium, alcohol-induced persisting dementia, alcohol-induced persisting amnestic disorder, alcohol-induced psychotic disorder, alcohol-induced mood disorder, alcohol-induced anxiety disorder, alcohol-induced sexual dysfunction, alcohol-induced sleep disorder, liver damage, liver cancer and esophageal cancer.
- Alcoholic liver disease: Alcoholic liver disease is the major cause of liver disease in Western countries, (in Asian countries, viral hepatitis is the major cause). It arises from the excessive ingestion of alcohol.
- Anxiety: Excessive worry, anxiety, or fear.
- Behavioral symptoms: Symptoms of personal behavior.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Child health symptoms: Symptoms related to pediatric (child) health.
- Cirrhosis of liver: diffuse hepatic process characterized by fibrosis and the conversion of normal liver architecture into structurally abnormal nodules
- Cognitive impairment: General loss of mental or cognitive ability
- Death: The loss of life.
- Death-related symptoms: Symptoms related to death or dying.
- Delirium: Severe mental deterioration
- Delirium tremens: A condition which occurs due to the withdrawal of a substance particularly alcohol and results in tremors of the hands and arms
- Developmental problems: Physical or mental development difficulty.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Drug abuse: Drug use as a symptom of other conditions
- Emotional symptoms: Symptoms affecting the emotions.
- Esophageal varices: Abnormally dilated blood vessels in the wall of the esophagus. The condition is asymptomatic unless the blood vessel bursts which can result in death.
- Fatty liver: A condition which is characterized by the accumulation fatty deposits in the liver
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hepatoma: Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) is a primary malignancy of the liver.
- Infant symptoms: Symptoms affecting babies and infants.
- Korsakoff's psychosis: A form of amnesia involving the loss of short-term memory and inability to learn new skills. The patient may also be disorientated and delirious. The condition is often observed in chronic alcoholics.
- Learning disabilities: Difficulty with learning or schooling.
- Level of consciousness symptoms: Symptoms related to consciousness such as coma or loss of consciousness.
- Liver symptoms: Symptoms affecting the liver
- Mental problems: Symptoms affecting judgement, thought or intelligence.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Peptic Ulcer: Ulcer on the lining of the stomach or duodenum
- Personality symptoms: Symptoms or changes to the personality.
- Psychiatric symptom: Psychiatric mental health symptoms such as psychosis.
- School problems: Difficulty with learning or schooling as a symptom.
- Social problems: Difficulty relating to other people
- Society problems: Difficulty interacting in society.
- Stomach symptoms: Symptoms affecting the stomach.
- Wernicke's encephalopathy: Brain condition with various effects
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Alcohol intoxication:
The following list of conditions
have 'Alcohol intoxication' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Alcohol intoxication or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Alcohol intoxication:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Alcohol intoxication'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Alcohol use
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: