Glossary for Altered consciousness in adults
Medical terms related to Altered consciousness in adults or mentioned in this section include:
- Anoxia: A condition marked by a lack of oxygen.
- Behavioral symptoms: Symptoms of personal behavior.
- Cognitive impairment: General loss of mental or cognitive ability
- Hartnup Disease: A disorder of amino acid transport resulting in light sensitive dermatitis, ataxia, migraines and personality changes.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heat stroke: it is a life threatening condition. It is hyperthermia in an advanced state
- Heatstroke: it is a life threatening condition. It is hyperthermia in an advanced state
- Hepatic encephalopathy syndrome: A rare syndrome involving the association of advanced liver disease and neurological problems.
- Hyponatremia: An electrolyte disturbance involving low sodium levels in the blood. Symptoms are determined by the degree of imbalance. Very low sodium levels can cause water intoxication which can be very dangerous.
- Hypothermia: Low body temperature
- Hypoxia: This is where there is a reduction of oxygen supply to parts of the body below what is required for adequate perfusion
- Kernicterus: Kernicterus refers to neurological damage (brain damage) resulting from the passageof bilirubin through the immature blood brain barrier in infants. It can occur in jaundiced infants but not all jaundiced infants will develop kernicterus.
- Level of consciousness symptoms: Symptoms related to consciousness such as coma or loss of consciousness.
- Liver failure: When the liver fails to function
- Lupus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Mens health symptoms: Symptoms closely related to men's health.
- Migraine: Severe complex headaches that occur periodically
- Movement symptoms: Changes to movement or motor abilities
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Pellagra: Dietary deficiency of vitamin B3 (niacin)
- Porphyria: A group of disorders characterized by excess production of porphyrin or its precursors which affects the skin and/or nervous system.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Uremia: Build up of toxins usually excreted by the kidneys, associated with real failure in a woman who is pregnant.
- Women's health symptoms: Symptoms related to women's health.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Altered consciousness in adults:
The following list of conditions
have 'Altered consciousness in adults' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Altered consciousness in adults or choose View All.