Glossary for Arthritis in multiple joints in children
Medical terms related to Arthritis in multiple joints in children or mentioned in this section include:
- Acute rheumatic fever: Bacterial joint infection with risk of heart complications.
- Arthritis: A condition which is characterized by the inflammation of a joint
- Arthritis in multiple joints as in case of rheumatoid arthritis:
- Behcet's Disease: Recurring inflammation of small blood vessels affecting various areas.
- Child health symptoms: Symptoms related to pediatric (child) health.
- Ehlers danlos syndrome: An inherited disorder of the connective tissue causing it to become weak and fragile. Connective tissue is found in skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments and hence all of these may be affected by weakness
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: An inherited disorder of the connective tissue causing it to become weak and fragile. Connective tissue is found in skin, muscles, tendons and ligaments and hence all of these may be affected by weakness
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heart symptoms: Symptoms affecting the heart
- Henoch-Schonlein purpura: A form of vasculitis (blood vessel inflammation) that affects blood capillaries and affects mostly the skin, kidneys, joints and stomach.
- Human parvovirus B19 infection: An infectious disease caused by parovirus B19 which causes fifth disease and erythema infectiosum.
- Immobility: An inability to mobilise as normal
- Inflammatory symptoms: Symptoms related to inflammation.
- Joint pain: Pain affecting the joints
- Joint swelling: One or more swollen joints
- Joint symptoms: Symptoms affecting the joints.
- Kawasaki disease: A childhood illness that generally affects the skin, mouth and lymph nodes.
- Leukemia: Cancer of the blood cells, usually white blood cells.
- Lyme disease: Lyme disease is an emerging infectious disease caused by at least three species of bacteria belonging to the genus Borrelia.
- Mucopolysaccharidoses: A lysosomal storage disorder that is caused by a deficiency of the ability to metabolise glycosaminoglycans
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Noonan Syndrome: A rare genetic disorder characterized by a webbed neck, chest deformity, undescended testes and pulmonic stenosis.
- Reactive arthritis: The inflammation of a joint
- Rheumatic fever: An inflammatory disorder that can occur as a complication of untreated streptococcal bacterial infection such as strep throat or scarlet fever. The condition may affect the brain, skin, heart and joints.
- Sarcoidosis: Rare autoimmune disease usually affecting the lungs.
- Scleroderma: A rare, progressive connective tissue disorder involving thickening and hardening of the skin and connective tissue. There are a number of forms of scleroderma with some forms being systemic (involving internal organs).
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Serum sickness: Type of allergic reaction to certain medications or serums
- Sickle Cell Anemia: Sickle cell anemia is an inherited blood disorder characterized by red blood cells which are crescent-shaped rather than the normal doughnut shape. These abnormally shaped red blood cells are unable to function normally and tend to undergo premature destruction which leads to anemia. If the genetic defect which causes the condition is inherited from both parents the condition can be quite severe whereas if it is inherited from only one parent, often there are no symptoms. The abnormally shaped red blood cells can cause problems when they clump together and block blood vessels.
- Skeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skeletal system such as the bones.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Stiff joints: Reduced mobility or movement of the joints
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Turner Syndrome: Rare chromosome syndrome with one X but no second X or Y chromosome.
- Vasculitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation to blood vessels
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Arthritis in multiple joints in children:
The following list of conditions
have 'Arthritis in multiple joints in children' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Arthritis in multiple joints in children or choose View All.