Glossary for Asthma-like wheezing
Medical terms related to Asthma-like wheezing or mentioned in this section include:
- Asthma: A condition which is characterized by recurrent attacks of paroxysmal dyspnoea
- Asthma-like breathing: Asthma-like breathing refers to characteristics of respiration that are similar to those of asthma, including difficulty breathing, shortness of breath and/or wheezing or whistling breathing sounds.
- Bronchiectasis: Chronic bronchiole dilation from secretions and blockages.
- Bronchiolitis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation of the bronchioles
- COPD: Severe obstruction of bronchial air flow typically from bronchitis and/or emphysema.
- Chronic Bronchitis: A condition which is characterized by the chronic inflammation of ones or more of the bronchi
- Chronic bronchitis: A condition which is characterized by the chronic inflammation of ones or more of the bronchi
- Congestive Heart Failure: A condition which is characterized by breathlessness due to oedema and congestion of the lungs
- Congestive heart failure: A condition which is characterized by breathlessness due to oedema and congestion of the lungs
- Emphysema: Emphysema is a type of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It is defined as an abnormal, permanent enlargement of the air spaces distal to the terminal bronchioles accompanied by destruction of their walls and without obvious fibrosis.
- Farmer's lung: A condition that affects farmers who are exposed to mouldy hay or crops. The lungs become inflamed due to a hypersensitivity reaction to the exposure.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Intermittent seasonal asthma-like symptoms: Intermittent seasonal asthma-like symptoms refers to periodic symptoms that resemble the symptoms of asthma, such as wheezing and shortness of breath, that occur during a specific season.
- Lung abscess: The formation of a localized collection of puss in a cavity in the lungs
- Lung symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both lungs.
- Pneumoconiosis: A group of lung diseases caused by inhaling dust.
- Pneumonia: Lung infection or inflammation (as a symptom)
- Recurring seasonal asthma-like symptoms: Recurring seasonal asthma-like symptoms are symptoms that are similar to symptoms of asthma, such as wheezing and shortness of breath, that return after resolving.
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Seasonal asthmatic symptoms: Seasonal asthmatic symptoms refers to symptoms of asthma, such as shortness of breath and wheezing, that occur in a specific season.
- Wheezing: Breathing difficulty with specific wheezing sound.
- Wheezing symptoms: also known as laryngotracheobronchitis
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Asthma-like wheezing:
The following list of conditions
have 'Asthma-like wheezing' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Asthma-like wheezing or choose View All.