Diagnostic Tests for Balance symptoms
Diagnostic Test list for Balance symptoms:
The list of diagnostic tests
mentioned in various sources as
used in the diagnosis of Balance symptoms
- Physical examination
- Examination of the ears for ear disease e.g. otitis media, ear wax, perforated ear drum, cholesteatoma
- Eye examination for visual acuity and for nystagmus ( can occur with vestibular neuronitis, Meniere's disease , Acoustic neuroma, cholesteatoma, benign positional vertigo , acute labyrinthitis, cerebellar tumors , brain stem tumors , multiple sclerosis , basilar artery thrombosis or embolism, phenytoin toxicity, alcohol toxicity
- Cardiovascular system examination for Blood pressure (laying and sitting) and cardiac arrhythmias
- Central nervous system examination for cranial nerve palsies which may suggest Multiple sclerosis , acoustic neuroma, advanced brain stem tumor or basilar artery insufficiency
- Central nervous system examination for disturbances of gait , co-ordination , reflexes and balance looking for cerebellar disease
- Neck examination
- Blood tests
- Hemoglobin to detect anemia
- White cell count to help detect infection, especially cerebral infection e.g. meningitis, cerebral abscess
- Glucose - to detect Diabetes (which can cause autonomic neuropathy) or low blood sugar.
- Other tests
- Radiology investigation
- Cervical spine X-Ray
- CT Brain
- MRI Scan brain - the choice to locate acoustic neuroma or other tumor and may detect multiple sclerosis.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Balance symptoms:
The following list of conditions
have 'Balance symptoms' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Balance symptoms or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Balance symptoms:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Balance symptoms'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Glossary
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: