Glossary for Blood vessel inflammation
Medical terms related to Blood vessel inflammation or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Artery conditions: Any conditions affecting arteries
- Artery symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arteries (large blood vessels)
- Bleeding symptoms: Any type of bleeding symptoms.
- Blood conditions: Conditions that affect the blood
- Blood symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood and its blood cells.
- Blood vessel conditions: Conditions that affect the blood vessels
- Blood vessel symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood vessels
- Buerger's disease: Buergers's disease is a recurring inflammation and thrombosis (clotting) of small and medium arteries and veins of the hands and feet
- Chronic necrotizing vasculitis: Inflammation and destruction of blood vessel walls which leads to death of associated tissue. Symptoms are determined by the extent and location of the blood vessel inflammation. The inflammation possibly has autoimmune origins. It can occur in condition such as rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus and scleroderma.
- Circulation symptoms: Symptoms affecting the circulatory system
- Essential mixed cryoglobulinemia: A rare autoimmune disorder characterized by the presence of a mixture of various types of antibodies (crylglobulins) in the blood.
- Felty syndrome: A rare complication of long-term rheumatoid arthritis which involves an enlarged spleen and blood abnormalities.
- Immune Complex Diseases: Diseases characterized by the presence of immune complexes which are clusters of antigens and antibodies locked together. Normally these immune complexes are removed from the blood by the spleen but sometimes they continue to circulate and may become trapped in various body tissues which causes inflammation and tissue damage. Examples of immune complex diseases includes malaria, viral hepatitis and autoimmune diseases. Symptoms will depend on the location of the inflammation and tissue damage.
- Inflammatory symptoms: Symptoms related to inflammation.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Rheumatoid arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory condition which primarily affects the joints
- Rheumatoid vasculitis: A rare disorder where sufferers of rheumatoid arthritis with joint inflammation develop inflammation of small and medium sized blood vessels. It tends to mostly affect the blood vessels in the skin. The symptoms are determined by which part of the body is affected.
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever: A bacterial disease caused by Rickettsia rickettsii and transmitted by ticks. The condition causes fever and a characteristic rash and may be fatal in severe or untreated cases.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sjogren's Syndrome: Autoimmune disease damaging the eye tear ducts and other glands.
- Vein disorders: Any disorder that affects the veins of an individual
- Vein symptoms: Symptoms affecting the veins (blood vessels)
- Viral vasculitis not HBV and HCV: Blood vessel inflammation due to a viral infection such as cytomegalovirus or immune reaction initiated by a viral infection. Blood vessels in virtually any part of the body may be infected including the brain and the heart. Symptoms depend on the location and extent of the inflammation.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Blood vessel inflammation:
The following list of conditions
have 'Blood vessel inflammation' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Blood vessel inflammation or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Blood vessel inflammation:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Blood vessel inflammation'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Blood vessel symptoms
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: