Glossary for Borborgymi as in case of inflammatory bowel disease
Medical terms related to Borborgymi as in case of inflammatory bowel disease or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Acromegaly: An abnormal enlargement of the limbs due to increased secretion of growth hormone after the cessation of puberty
- Anorexia Nervosa: A disorder where a distorted sense of body image leads to self-starvation to the point of death in some cases.
- Anxiety: Excessive worry, anxiety, or fear.
- Bowel conditions: Medical conditions that affect the bowels
- Cushing syndrome: A rare syndrome where excessive secretion of corticosteroids by the adrenal cortex leads to a variety of symptoms. Hormone-secreting adrenal or pituitary tumors are often the cause of the excessive corticosteroid secretion.
- Cushing's syndrome: Symptoms similar to those of Cushing's disease
- Diabetes: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- Diabetes-like symptoms: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Gastroenteritis: An infection of the bowel
- Hepatitis: Any inflammation of the liver
- Hyperthyroidism: The excessive activity of the thyroid gland
- Inflammatory bowel disease: Inflammatory bowel disease refers to digestive symptoms resulting from chronic bowel inflammation. Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are two of the main subtypes of the disease. Scientists have discovered an array of genetic mutations which can result in an increased susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease. Not all people with the genetic anomaly will develop the condition but it can increase the risk especially if other environmental factors are also present. The severity of the disease that develops is variable.
- Inflammatory symptoms: Symptoms related to inflammation.
- Insulinoma: A rare form of pancreatic cancer that causes excessive secretion of the hormone insulin. A relatively small number of cases are malignant.
- Intestinal obstruction: Any obstruction that occurs in the gastrointestinal system
- Irritable bowel syndrome: A chronic non inflammatory disease with a psychophysiologic basis
- Mesenteric ischemia: Mesenteric ischemia refers to a reduced blood flow and oxygen supply to the mesentery, a thin membrane that attaches the intestine to the abdominal wall and contains some blood vessels.
- Migraine: Severe complex headaches that occur periodically
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Obesity: Excessive body weight especially fat.
- Peptic Ulcer: Ulcer on the lining of the stomach or duodenum
- Stomach growling: increased peristaltic movements also called borborgymi
- Uremia: Build up of toxins usually excreted by the kidneys, associated with real failure in a woman who is pregnant.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Borborgymi as in case of inflammatory bowel disease:
The following list of conditions
have 'Borborgymi as in case of inflammatory bowel disease' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Borborgymi as in case of inflammatory bowel disease or choose View All.
» Next page: Borborygmi
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: