Bronchopulmonary dysplasia Treatments
Treatments for Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
The following treatments are listed for Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
in our knowledge base:
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) - an average of 120 days
- Artificial ventilation (respirator)
- Symptomatic treatment
- Surfactant treatment
- Corticosteroids - reduce swelling
- Lung fluid control - avoid fluid buildup in the lungs
- Bronchodilator medications - to ease air flow
- Antibiotics - to treat and/or prevent infections.
- Nutritional treatments
- Treatments for patent ductus arteriosus
- Monitoring for respiratory infection symptoms - often by parents and nursing staff.
- Avoid exposure to infection - fewer visitors, especially fewer young children.
- Avoid cigarette smoke
- Physical therapy
- Home care
- Supplemental oxygen
Unlabeled Drugs and Medications to treat Bronchopulmonary dysplasia:
Unlabelled alternative drug treatments for Bronchopulmonary dysplasia may include:
- Beclovent Rotacaps
- Beclovent Rotahaler
- Beconase AQ Nasal Spray
- Beconase Nasal Inhaler
- Vancenase AQ Nasal Spray
- Vancenase Nasal Inhaler
Treatments for Causes of Bronchopulmonary dysplasia
Review the treatment information pages for various causes of Bronchopulmonary dysplasia:
More causes: not all possible causes for Bronchopulmonary dysplasia are listed above; for a full list refer to causes of Bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
Only your doctor can advise whether any of these treatments are appropriate
for your specific medical situation.
Always discuss all treatment options with your doctor before
making a decision,
including whether to start or discontinue any treatment plan.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Bronchopulmonary dysplasia:
The following list of conditions
have 'Bronchopulmonary dysplasia' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Bronchopulmonary dysplasia or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Bronchopulmonary dysplasia:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Bronchopulmonary dysplasia'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: