Glossary for Calf rash
Medical terms related to Calf rash or mentioned in this section include:
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Bacterial meningitis: Bacterial meningitis is a form of meningitis caused by bacteria that normally lives in the mouth and throat. When the immune system is unable to supress this bacteria, it travels to the cerebrospinal spinal fluid in the brain. From there it affects the membranes surrounding the brain.
- Behind knee rash: An eruption on the skin behind the knee.
- Calf bruise: A haematoma that occurs on the calf or calves.
- Calf burning sensation: A burning sensation on the calf or calves
- Calf coldness: A cold sensation occurring on the calf
- Calf itch: A sensation that causes a desire to scratch the skin of the calf or calves
- Calf pain: Pain or tenderness of the calf muscle behind the lower leg
- Calf rash: An eruption on the skin of the ankle.
- Chest rash: An eruption on the skin of the chest.
- Chickenpox: Common viral infection.
- Contact dermatitis: Skin reaction to an irritant
- Dandruff: Scaly and dry material that is shed from the scalp
- Discoid eczema: Discoid eczema is a common form of skin inflammation and irritation characterized by its round or oval shape. The size of the lesions may vary from a few millimetres to centimetres across. The cause is unknown but minor injuries such as insect bites may be triggers. The lesions tend to occur most often on the limbs.
- Dry skin: Dryness, cracking or scaling of the skin.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Erythema nodosum: Allergic skin condition usually on the legs
- Finger rash: Finger rash is change of the skin which affects its color, appearance or texture.
- Foot rash: An eruption on the skin of the foot.
- Forearm rash: An eruption on the skin of the forearm.
- Groin rash: Change of the skin which affects its colour, appearance or texture in the groin area.
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Hand rash: An eruption on the skin of the hand.
- Heat rash: Skin rash due to hot and humid weather
- Ichthyosis: Fish-like scaly dry skin areas
- Knee rash: An eruption on the skin of the knee.
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Lower leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower legs, calves and shins.
- Measles: Once common viral infection now rare due to vaccination.
- Melanoma: Melanoma is the most dangerous type of skin cancer. It is the leading cause of death from skin disease. It involves cells called melanocytes, which produce a skin pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin and hair color.
- Meningococcemia: A rare infectious disease whose main symptoms are upper respiratory tract infection, fever, rash and eye and ear problems.
- Pyoderma Gangrenosum: A rare inflammatory skin disorder characterized by small red bumps or blisters which eventually become ulcerated.
- Q fever: A disease caused by Coxiella burnetti which causes fever, headache and muscle pain.
- Rash: Rash of any type affecting the skin.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Sole rash: An eruption on the skin of the sole.
- Stasis dermatitis:
- Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria (Treponema pallidum). The condition is often asymptomatic in the early stages but one or more sores may be present in the early stages. Untreated syphilis usually results in remission of visible symptoms but further severe damage may occur to internal organs and other body tissues which can result in death.
- Venous Insufficiency: A condition which is characterized by inadequacy of the venous valves which impairs venous drainage
- Venous insufficiency: A condition which is characterized by inadequacy of the venous valves which impairs venous drainage
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Calf rash:
The following list of conditions
have 'Calf rash' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Calf rash or choose View All.
» Next page: Calf spasm
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: