Glossary for Candida
Medical terms related to Candida or mentioned in this section include:
- AIDS: A term given to HIV patients who have a low CD4 count (below 200) which means that they have low levels of a type of immune cell called T-cells. AIDS patients tend to develop opportunistic infections and cancers. Opportunistic infections are infections that would not normally affect a person with a healthy immune system. The HIV virus is a virus that attacks the body's immune system.
- Candida in pregnancy: Candida in pregnancy is an infection of the vagina caused by the organism Candida Albicans and causing itch, white discharge, discomfort and occasionally slight bleeding of the vaginal mucosa. It is quite common in pregnancy.
- Candidiasis: Fungal infection of moist areas such as mouth or vagina
- Diabetes-like symptoms: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Fungal symptoms: Symptoms from various fungal infections
- HIV/AIDS: HIV is a sexually transmitted virus and AIDS is the progressive immune failure that HIV causes.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hodgkin's Disease: A form of cancer that affects the lymphatic system.
- ICF syndrome: A very rare, recessively inherited syndrome characterized mainly by a weak immune system and facial anomalies.
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Iron deficiency: When there is a deficiency of iron in the body
- LADD Syndrome: A very rare genetic disorder characterized by ear, teeth and tear duct abnormalities.
- Lacrimoauriculodentodigital syndrome: A rare genetic disorder characterized by ear, teeth and tear duct abnormalities.
- Malnutrition: Any disorder that relates to inadequate intake of nutrients.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Mucus membrane symptoms: Symptoms affecting the mucus membranes.
- Multiple Myeloma: A rare malignant cancer that occurs in the bone marrow. More common in skull, spine, rib cage, pelvis and legs.
- Multiple myeloma: A rare malignant cancer that occurs in the bone marrow. More common in skull, spine, rib cage, pelvis and legs.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neutropenia: A reduced number of neutrophils in the blood.
- Nezelof's syndrome: An immune deficiency disorder where the cells that normally fight infection don't work properly and patients suffer frequent severe infections.
- Numbness of both elbows: Numbness of both elbows refers to the loss or reduction of sensation in the elbows.
- Nystatin -- Teratogenic Agent: There is evidence to indicate that exposure to Nystatin during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Oral candidiasis: An infection with the fungus candida which occurs in the mouth
- Oral thrush: Oral thrush is a fungal infection of the mouth.
- Polyendocrine deficiency syndrome type 1: Multi-endocrine syndrome commonly affecting children
- Purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP) deficiency: A condition which is characterized by a deficiency of purine nucleoside phosphorylate
- Purine nucleoside phosphorylase deficiency: A very rare genetic disease involving an enzyme (purine nucleoside phosphorylase - PNP) deficiency which causes a buildup of toxic metabolic products which in turn impairs the development of T-cells (part of the body's immune system). The condition is characterized primarily by frequent infections and various neurological symptoms.
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- SCID: Major failure of the immune system, usually genetic.
- Sjogren's Syndrome: Autoimmune disease damaging the eye tear ducts and other glands.
- Skin rash: Change in the skin which affects the color, appearance or texture.
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Thrush: A condition which is characterized by an infection caused by a fungus
- Vaginal candidiasis: Fungal infection of the vagina, sometimes called thrush.
- Vaginal symptoms: Symptoms related to the vagina
- Vaginal thrush: Fungal infection of the vagina, sometimes called thrush.
- Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome: An inherited immune system disorder that affects only males and is characterized by recurring infections, eczema and reduced level of blood platelets (thrombocytopenia).
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Candida:
The following list of conditions
have 'Candida' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Candida or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Candida:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Candida'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: