Glossary for Cardiac abnormalities
Medical terms related to Cardiac abnormalities or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Alcohol abuse: Excessive alcohol as a symptom of other conditions
- Angina: Angina is a particular type of pain related to heart conditions
- Arrhythmias: The occurrence of irregular heart beats
- Atherosclerosis: A condition which is a form of arteriosclerosis where atheromas are caused by the aggregation of cholesterol and lipids
- Behavioral symptoms: Symptoms of personal behavior.
- Blood vessel symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood vessels
- Cardiac arrhythmia: The occurrence of an abnormal cardiac rhythm
- Cardiac tamponade: Symptoms caused by compression of the heart due to the accumulation of blood or fluid in the space between the heart muscle and the membrane covering the heart.
- Cardiomyopathy: A condition characterized by an increase in the size of the heart
- Cardiovascular symptoms: Symptoms affecting the heart and related vascular systems.
- Chromosome 22 trisomy mosaic: A rare chromosomal disorder where three copies of chromosome 22 are present in some of the body's cells instead of the normal two. Severity of symptoms is determined by how many cells have the extra chromosomal material.
- Chromosome 22, trisomy: A very rare disorder where there is an extra copy of chromosome 22 in all the body cells. The condition is usually fatal soon after birth or during the fetal stage.
- Circulation symptoms: Symptoms affecting the circulatory system
- Congenital heart disease: Diseases of the heart that one is born with
- Diabetes-like symptoms: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- HOCM: Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heart conditions: Any condition that affects the heart
- Heart rhythm symptoms: Problems with the rhythm of the heartbeat (arrhythmias)
- Heart symptoms: Symptoms affecting the heart
- Heart valve disorder:
- High blood pressure: Excessive blood pressure.
- Hyperthyroidism: The excessive activity of the thyroid gland
- Hypothyroidism: The decreased activity of the thyroid gland
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Ischemic heart disease: Heart disease from reduced blood flow to the heart
- Meleda Disease: A very rare inherited skin disorder primarily involving dry thick skin patches that develop on the palms of hands and soles of feet. The type and severity of symptoms is variable.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Myocardial infarction: blood supply to part of the heart is interrupted
- Myocarditis: A condition which is characterized by inflammation of the muscles of the heart
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Palpitations: Abnormality of the heart beat that person can feel
- Patent ductus arteriosus: patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) is a congenital heart defect wherein a child's ductus arteriosus fails to close after birth
- Pericardial effusion: Occurs when there is an abnormal collection of fluid within the pericardial sac
- Pericarditis: Inflammation of the pericardium that surrounds the heart
- Personality symptoms: Symptoms or changes to the personality.
- Pervasive developmental disorders: Group of developmental disorders often recognized before 3 years of age.
- Prune belly syndrome: A hereditary condition affecting only males and involving a deficiency of abdominal muscles, urinary tract malformations, undescended testes and occasionally underdeveloped lungs.
- Rubinstein-Taybi like syndrome: A condition characterized by numerous congenital abnormalities including small head, unusual facial features, short stature, broad thumb and big toe and mental retardation.
- Tetralogy of Fallot: A condition which is characterized pulmonary stenosis, interventricular septal defect, right ventricular hypertrophy and dextroposition of the aorta
- VACTERL association: A rare syndrome characterized by often severe deformities involving the limbs, kidneys, anus, heart, esophagus and spine.
- VACTERL association with hydrocephaly, X-linked: This condition is characterised by the occurrence of hydrocephalus with VACTERYL syndrome.
- VACTERYL hydrocephaly: This condition is characterised by the occurrence of hydrocephalus with VACTERYL syndrome.
- Van Regemorter Pierquin Vamos syndrome: A syndrome which is characterised by multiple congenital abnormalities
- Velocardiofacial syndrome: A genetic disorder which can present with a wide range of phenotypic manifestations which has lead to a number of different names being assigned to the various presentations e.g. DiGeorge Syndrome and Cayler Anomaly Face Syndrome. There are nearly 200 different symptoms that can occur and the severity of the condition is also highly variable depending on the nature and severity of the symptoms that are present.
- Ventricular septal defect: An abnormal connection between the 2 lower chambers (ventricles) of the heart.
- Viral diseases: Any disease that is caused by a virus
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Cardiac abnormalities:
The following list of conditions
have 'Cardiac abnormalities' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Cardiac abnormalities or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Cardiac abnormalities:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Cardiac abnormalities'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.