Glossary for Chest pain from the heart
Medical terms related to Chest pain from the heart or mentioned in this section include:
- Anemia: Reduced red blood cells in the blood
- Angina: Angina is a particular type of pain related to heart conditions
- Aortic dissection: A tear in the inner layer of the aorta (major artery in the body) which allows blood to escape into outer layers of the artery.
- Aortic stenosis: A condition which affects the aortic valve of the heart resulting in stenosis of the valve.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Cardiovascular symptoms: Symptoms affecting the heart and related vascular systems.
- Chest conditions: Any condition affecting the chest
- Chest pain: Any chest pain must be considered as cardiac in origin until proven otherwise.
- Chest symptoms: Symptoms affecting the chest region.
- Cocaine toxicity:
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Dressler syndrome: A group of symptoms that can occur days, weeks or months after a heart attack or heart surgery. The symptoms may be due to such things as autoimmune processes, virus or bleeding around the heart which can result in inflammation of the membrane surrounding the heart.
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia: A genetic abnormality which causes patients to have abnormally high cholesterol levels (low-density lipoproteins). The condition usually leads to early cardiovascular disease.
- Gerd-like sternum pain: Gerd presents with symptoms such as chest pain, heartburn and dysphagia
- HOCM: Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heart symptoms: Symptoms affecting the heart
- Heartburn that worsens if low down after eating: must not be overlooked as it may be a medical emergency
- Heartburn without reflux: not related to reflux diseases
- Hemothorax: a condition that results from accumulation of blood in the pleural cavity
- High blood pressure: Excessive blood pressure.
- Hyperthyroidism: The excessive activity of the thyroid gland
- Lung symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both lungs.
- Mitral regurgitation: A condition which is characterized by a regurgitation of blood from the left ventricle into the atrium due to a problem with the mitral valve
- Mitral-valve prolapse: A common heart condition that is often harmless.
- Myocardial infarction: blood supply to part of the heart is interrupted
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Pain Disorder: Somatoform disorder causing pain
- Pneumothorax: pneumothorax is the collection of air in the space around the lungs and chest wall
- Polyarteritis nodosa: A serious blood vessel disease where small and medium-sized arteries become swollen and damaged and are unable to adequately supply oxygenated blood to various tissues in the body. The disease can occur in a mild form or a serious, rapidly fatal form.
- Precordial ache: is a medical emergency due to a number of serious conditions
- Pulmonary embolism: The occurrence of an embolism which blocks blood vessels in the lungs
- Pulmonary hypertension: The occurrence of hypertension the blood vessels of the lungs
- Sarcoidosis: Rare autoimmune disease usually affecting the lungs.
- Scleroderma: A rare, progressive connective tissue disorder involving thickening and hardening of the skin and connective tissue. There are a number of forms of scleroderma with some forms being systemic (involving internal organs).
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: chronic autoimmune disease that can be fatal, though with recent medical advances, fatalities are becoming increasingly rare.
- Takayasu arteritis: A chronic inflammation of the large blood vessels leading from the aorta which results in lack of pulse in the arms and the carotid arteries, transient paraplegia and blindness and atrophy of the facial muscles. Also called Takayasu's disease, pulseless disease, brachiocephgalic arteritis or aortic arch syndrome.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Chest pain from the heart:
The following list of conditions
have 'Chest pain from the heart' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Chest pain from the heart or choose View All.
» Next page: Chest pain from the lungs
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: