Glossary for Crohn's-like diarrhoea symptoms
Medical terms related to Crohn's-like diarrhoea symptoms or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Bacterial diseases: Diseases caused by a bacterial infection
- Botulism food poisoning: Extremely dangerous food poisoning requiring medical attention, but not always recognized because of its non-abdominal symptoms.
- Bowel movements: Changes in type or frequency of bowel motions
- Bowel problems: Symptoms affecting the bowel
- Celiac Disease: Digestive intolerance to gluten in the diet.
- Cholera: An acute bacterial disease transmitted through food or water contaminated with human faeces. The intestinal infection is caused by the bacterium Vibrio cholerae.
- Colitis: Inflammation of the colon
- Crohn's disease: Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive system. It is one of a group of diseases called inflammatory bowel disease. The disease can affect any area from the mouth to the anus. It often affects the lower part of the small intestine called the ileum.
- Crohn's-like symptoms: the main symptoms of Crohn's disease include diarrhoea, loss of weight and abdominal pain
- Crohns-like diarrhea symptoms: conditions which can cause severe diarrhoea-like symptoms as that of Crohn's disease
- Cystic Fibrosis: Cystic fibrosis is a hereditary disease affecting the exocrine (mucus) glands of the lungs, liver, pancreas, and intestines, causing progressive disability due to multisystem failure.
- Diabetic neuropathy: nerve damage which maybe motor, sensory and autonomic
- Diarrhea: Loose, soft, or watery stool.
- Diarrhoea similar to celiac disease: alteration in the consistency and frequency of stool passage as in case of celiac disease
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Dumping syndrome: Dumping of undigested food from the stomach into intestine.
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- Giardia: Contagious parasitic digestive infection
- IBS-like diarrhea: conditions which can cause altered bowel habits
- Ileitis: Inflammation of the lower end of the small intestine
- Inflammatory bowel disease: Inflammatory bowel disease refers to digestive symptoms resulting from chronic bowel inflammation. Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are two of the main subtypes of the disease. Scientists have discovered an array of genetic mutations which can result in an increased susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease. Not all people with the genetic anomaly will develop the condition but it can increase the risk especially if other environmental factors are also present. The severity of the disease that develops is variable.
- Lactose intolerance: lactose intolerance is the inability to metabolize lactose, a sugar found in milk and other dairy products, because the required enzyme lactase is absent in the intestinal system or its availability is lowered
- Lower abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lower abdominal region.
- Pancreatitis: Any inflammation that occurs in the pancreas
- Pelvic abscess: A pus-filled cavity in the pelvis due to infection.
- Pernicious anemia: A megaloblastic anaemia due to malabsorption of the vitamin B12
- Pseudomembranous Colitis: Diarrhoeal illness caused by the bacteria Clostridium difficile, usually following a recent course of antibiotics and disruption of normal bowel bacteria
- Severe crohns-like diarrhea symptoms: conditions which can cause severe diarrhoea-like symptoms as that of Crohn's disease
- Severe ibd-like diarrhea: conditions which can cause severe altered bowel habits
- Severe ibs-like diarrhoea: conditions which can cause severe diarrhoea
- Shigellosis: An infectious disease which affects the intestinal tract and is caused by the Shigella bacteria. The condition may be severe, especially in children, but may be asymptomatic in some cases. The disease can be transmitted through fecal-oral contact.
- Short Bowel Syndrome: Disorder of shortened bowel usually from bowel surgery.
- Stool symptoms: Changes to stool such as diarrhea
- Tuberculosis: Bacterial infection causing nodules forming, most commonly in the lung.
- Ulcerative colitis: Ulcerative colitis (Colitis ulcerosa, UC) is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Ulcerative colitis is a form of colitis, a disease of the intestine, specifically the large intestine or colon, that includes characteristic ulcers, or open sores, in the colon.
- Uncontrollable passage of motion: refers to the inability to control the fecal movement and includes conditions such as fecal incontinence and diarrhea.
- Vomiting: Vomiting or retching symptoms.
- Weight loss: Loss of body weight.
- Whipple's Disease: Rare malabsorption disease from bacterial digestive infection
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Crohn's-like diarrhoea symptoms:
The following list of conditions
have 'Crohn's-like diarrhoea symptoms' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Crohn's-like diarrhoea symptoms or choose View All.
» Next page: Crohn's-like symptoms
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: