Diagnostic Tests for Dark circles under eyes
Diagnostic Test list for Dark circles under eyes:
The list of diagnostic tests
mentioned in various sources as
used in the diagnosis of Dark circles under eyes
- Physical examination
- Facial appearance in allergic rhinitis is often very characteristic, especially in children - e.g. dark circles around eyes, swollen nose, nasal quality to voice, mouth breathing, puffiness of lower eyelids.
- Examine for nasal polyps which may be present in severe prolonged allergic rhinitis
- Examine for features of allergic conjunctivitis such as red conjunctiva, swollen conjunctiva, cobblestone appearance of the conjunctiva under the lid
- Examine for features of eczema around the eyes - e.g. diffuse redness and scaling. Also examine the rest of the skin for signs of eczema especially in front of the elbow and behind the knee and back of neck.
- Blood tests
- Full blood count may show increased eosinophil cells with allergy
- Total serum IgE level - may be elevated in allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis but is not a specific test.
- RAST allergy testing
- Skin prick allergy testing
- Radiological investigations
- CT scan of nasal passages - may show signs of allergic rhinitis and show polyps.
Home Diagnostic Testing
These home medical tests may be relevant to Dark circles under eyes causes:
- Vision & Eye Health: Home Testing:
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Dark circles under eyes:
The following list of conditions
have 'Dark circles under eyes' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Dark circles under eyes or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Dark circles under eyes:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Dark circles under eyes'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Glossary
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: