Glossary for Discoid lesions
Medical terms related to Discoid lesions or mentioned in this section include:
- Arthritis-like symptoms: A condition which is characterized by symptoms which mimic that of arthritis
- Connective tissue disorders: Any condition affecting connective tissues.
- Discoid eczema: Discoid eczema is a common form of skin inflammation and irritation characterized by its round or oval shape. The size of the lesions may vary from a few millimetres to centimetres across. The cause is unknown but minor injuries such as insect bites may be triggers. The lesions tend to occur most often on the limbs.
- Fatigue: Excessive tiredness or weakness.
- Joint Pain: Pain affecting the joints
- Pregnancy symptoms: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory condition which primarily affects the joints
- Skeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skeletal system such as the bones.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Viral diseases: Any disease that is caused by a virus
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Discoid lesions:
The following list of conditions
have 'Discoid lesions' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Discoid lesions or choose View All.
» Next page: Discoloration of the limb
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: