Diagnostic Tests for Disorganization
Diagnostic Test list for Disorganization:
The list of diagnostic tests
mentioned in various sources as
used in the diagnosis of Disorganization
- Physical examination
- Examine for signs that symptoms of disorganization may be due to delirium - e.g. temperature, neck stiffness (may suggest meningitis or subarachnoid hemorrhage), neurological examination to look for focal neurological signs and papilledema.
- If suspect multi-infarct dementia, examine for signs of vascular pathology e.g. high blood pressure, signs of previous strokes
- Mental state examination - including appearance, behavior, rate and continuity of speech, mood, affect, thought content, evidence of any hallucinations or abnormal beliefs, orientation to time, place and person, attention and concentration, short-term memory, insight and judgement. This examination may assist in diagnosing depression, schizophrenia, bipolar affective disorder and dementia.
- Blood tests (test for possible causes of depression or delirium)
- Full blood count and ESR
- Electrolytes, calcium, renal function tests
- Blood sugar level
- Liver function tests
- Thyroid function tests
- Blood cultures - if fever.
- Syphilis and HIV testing - if appropriate.
- B12 assay for deficiency may suggest Subacute combined degeneration of spinal cord which can cause cognitive impairment
- ANA antibody to detect lupus erythematosus
- Radiological investigations
Home Diagnostic Testing
These home medical tests may be relevant to Disorganization causes:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
- Home Drug Tests
- Smoking-Related Disorders: Home Testing:
- Mental Health: Home Testing:
- Brain & Neurological Disorders: Related Home Testing:
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Disorganization:
The following list of conditions
have 'Disorganization' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Disorganization or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Disorganization:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Disorganization'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Glossary
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: