Glossary for Ear itching
Medical terms related to Ear itching or mentioned in this section include:
- Allergic reaction: A hypersensitivity reaction produced by the body, which results in an exaggerated or inappropriate immune reaction to a particular substance.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Cradle Cap: Common scalp condition in babies
- Dandruff: Scaly and dry material that is shed from the scalp
- Ear conditions: Any condition that affects the ear
- Ear discharge: Discharge of fluid from the ear
- Ear infection: Infection of the ear - may involve the middle and inner ear.
- Ear pain: Pain due to lesions related to the external ear or radiating pain from middle and inner ear.
- Ear redness: Redness of the ear - may involve the middle and inner ear.
- Ear symptoms: Symptoms affecting the ear or hearing
- Ear wax: Buildup of wax (cerumen) inside the ear canal
- Earache: Pain in the ear called "otalgia"
- Earlobe symptoms: Symptoms affecting the earlobe
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Excessive sweating: A condition which is characterized by an abnormal excess of sweating
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Itching skin: Itching feeling of the skin.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Otitis externa: Infection of the outer ear canal
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Skin conditions: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Ear itching:
The following list of conditions
have 'Ear itching' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Ear itching or choose View All.
Nov 21, 2003
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: