Glossary for Ear redness
Medical terms related to Ear redness or mentioned in this section include:
- Acoustic neuroma: A rare benign tumor that forms in the hearing canal. Can cause tinnitus, progressive hearing loss, headaches, facial numbness, papilledema, dizziness and an unsteady walk. Speaking and swallowing difficulty can occur in advanced stages. Also called acoustic neurilemoma, acoustic neurinoma and acoustic neurofibroma.
- Barotrauma: Damage to the lungs, ear or sinuses caused by rapid or extreme changes in air pressure.
- Cholesteatoma: Uncommon middle ear condition
- Ear canal infection: Infection and pain due to lesions related to the external ear or radiating pain from middle and inner ear.
- Ear conditions: Any condition that affects the ear
- Ear infection: Infection of the ear - may involve the middle and inner ear.
- Ear inflammation: Inflammation of the ear - may involve the middle and inner ear.
- Ear itching: Itching or itchy ear symptoms
- Ear pain: Pain due to lesions related to the external ear or radiating pain from middle and inner ear.
- Ear redness in children: Ear redness in children is any type of red or pink discoloration of the ear.
- Ear swelling: Swelling of the ear - usually due to inflammation or infection.
- Ear symptoms: Symptoms affecting the ear or hearing
- Earache: Pain in the ear called "otalgia"
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Folliculitis: An inflammatory reaction which occurs in the follicles
- Glue ear: A condition which affects the ear and is characterized by a chronic accumulation of the fluid leading to a loss of hearing
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Inflammatory symptoms: Symptoms related to inflammation.
- Labrynthitis: Inner ear condition affecting various ear structures
- Labyrinthitis: Inner ear condition affecting various ear structures
- Meniere's disease: Ear fluid disorder causing balance problems.
- Middle ear infection: An infection which occurs in the middle ear
- Middle ear inflammation: Pain due to lesions related to the external ear or radiating pain from middle and inner ear.
- Ménière's disease: Ear fluid disorder causing balance problems.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Otitis externa: Infection of the outer ear canal
- Perichondritis: Inflammation of cartilage and surrounding soft tissue.
- Polychondritis: A serious, progressive, episodic condition characterized by inflammation and degeneration of cartilage in the body. The duration and severity of the episodes can vary.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Redness: Reddening of the skin.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Skin color changes: Skin changes such as redness, blueness, or whitening.
- Skin conditions: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Ear redness:
The following list of conditions
have 'Ear redness' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Ear redness or choose View All.
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: