Diagnostic Tests for Ejaculation symptoms
Diagnostic Test list for Ejaculation symptoms:
The list of diagnostic tests
mentioned in various sources as
used in the diagnosis of Ejaculation symptoms
- Physical examination
- Blood pressure
- Palpate peripheral pulses (to determine if there are abnormalities to the blood supply)
- Test nerve function by testing reflexes and sensation
- Genital examination - looking for evidence Peyronie's disease and checking size, shape and consistency of the testicles and penis.
- Digital rectal examination to assess prostate size, consistency and tenderness
- Examine for the loss of secondary sexual characteristics - may suggest Klinefelter's syndrome.
- Blood tests
- Blood lipid levels including cholesterol and triglycerides (looking for vascular disease)
- Fasting blood sugar (looking for diabetes)
- Liver function (looking for drug or alcohol problem)
- Electrolytes and renal function
- Thyroid function tests
- Total testosterone and DHEA-S levels (for libido)
- If testosterone is low, test FSH, LH and prolactin levels
- Prostate specific antigen (PSA) levels
- Urine microscopy and culture
- Radiological investigations
- Transrectal ultrasound - if suspect prostate cancer.
- MRI spine - if suspect multiple sclerosis and other spinal cord lesions.
- Nocturnal tumescent study - an electronic computerized test to detect and measure penile erections during sleep. It acts as a guide to differentiate between psychological cause (normal studies) and organic physical cause (poor function).
- Nerve conduction studies may be required to rule out diabetic neuropathy as a cause of sexual dysfunction
- Electrophysiological tests such as visual-evoked response (VER) - may be required to diagnose Multiple sclerosis.
Home Diagnostic Testing
These home medical tests may be relevant to Ejaculation symptoms causes:
- Home STD Testing
- Sexuality & Libido: Home Testing:
- Liver Health & Hepatitis: Home Testing
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Ejaculation symptoms:
The following list of conditions
have 'Ejaculation symptoms' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Ejaculation symptoms or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Ejaculation symptoms:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Ejaculation symptoms'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Glossary
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: