Glossary for Elbow itch
Medical terms related to Elbow itch or mentioned in this section include:
- Allergies: Immune system over-reaction to various substances.
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Atopic dermatitis: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Bone symptoms: Symptoms affecting the body's bones
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Cheek itch: A sensation that causes a desire to scratch the skin of the cheek.
- Cholestasis disease of pregnancy: A liver condition that can occur usually in the last stage of pregnancy. The flow of bile in the gallbladder or liver is impaired by the high levels of pregnancy hormones. The bile acids build up in the organs and then enter the bloodstream. The main symptom is usually itching. Symptoms usually resolve after delivering the baby. Risk factors includes existing liver condition, multiple pregnancy and a family history of the condition.
- Chronic Kidney Disease: Long-term and generally irreversible disease of the kidneys due to infection, obstruction, congenital diseases or generalised diseases causing failure of the kidneys' normal functions.
- Chronic renal failure: Long-term and generally irreversible disease of the kidneys due to infection, obstruction, congenital diseases or generalised diseases causing failure of the kidneys' normal functions.
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Contact dermatitis: Skin reaction to an irritant
- Diabetes: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- Diabetes-like symptoms: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Elbow conditions: Conditions that affect the elbow
- Elbow injury: An injury that affects the elbow
- Elbow pain: Pain or discomfort at the elbow
- Elbow rash: An eruption on the skin of the elbow.
- Elbow symptoms: Symptoms affecting the elbow
- Finger itch: Finger itch is an unpleasant sensation that evokes the desire or reflex to scratch.
- Fingernail itch: Finger itch is an unpleasant sensation that evokes the desire or reflex to scratch.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Itching skin: Itching feeling of the skin.
- Joint symptoms: Symptoms affecting the joints.
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurodermatitis: Lichen simplex chronicus refers to thickened itchy skin that results from persistently rubbing or scratching an area of skin.
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Numbness of both elbows: Numbness of both elbows refers to the loss or reduction of sensation in the elbows.
- Obstructive biliary disease: A disease process that causes obstruction or blockage in one of the bile ducts which are vessels that carry bile from the liver to the digestive system or gallbladder. Diseases that can cause such obstructions includes tumors, gallstones, parasites, bile duct inflammation, trauma to the bile duct and biliary strictures.
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Skeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skeletal system such as the bones.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Sun allergy: An immune system reaction to sun exposure which usually takes the form of a red itchy skin rash.
- Urticaria: Drug reaction, allergy, infection, lupus, overactive thyroid, polycythemia, rheumatic fever, blisters, amyloidosis, progesterone increase, Still's Disease, pregnancy, vasculitis
- Weals: Drug reaction, allergy, infection, lupus, overactive thyroid, polycythemia, rheumatic fever, blisters, amyloidosis, progesterone increase, Still's Disease, pregnancy, vasculitis
- Xerotic eczema: Xerotic eczema is a chronic skin condition characterized by very dry patches of skin. The condition is usually triggered by environments which have low humidity such as during winter - this causes the skin to become excessively dry.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Elbow itch:
The following list of conditions
have 'Elbow itch' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Elbow itch or choose View All.
» Next page: Elbow lump
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: