Glossary for Elbow swelling
Medical terms related to Elbow swelling or mentioned in this section include:
- Allergic reaction: A hypersensitivity reaction produced by the body, which results in an exaggerated or inappropriate immune reaction to a particular substance.
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Arthritis-related enthesitis: Inflammation of the entheses due to arthritis. The enthuses is the site at which the tendon or ligament attaches to the bone.
- Bone symptoms: Symptoms affecting the body's bones
- Cellulitis: inflammation of the subcutaneous fat
- Clotting symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood's ability to clot
- Dislocation: Bone dislocated from a joint
- Elbow conditions: Conditions that affect the elbow
- Elbow injury: An injury that affects the elbow
- Elbow of both elbows:
- Elbow of one elbow: Elbow of one elbow refers to discomfort in one elbow.
- Elbow pain: Pain or discomfort at the elbow
- Elbow rash: An eruption on the skin of the elbow.
- Elbow sprain: Damage to ligaments in the elbow.
- Elbow swelling in children: Elbow swelling in children occurs when the elbow of a child becomes distended or enlarged.
- Elbow symptoms: Symptoms affecting the elbow
- Fractures: Breakage of bones
- Gout: Painful joints, most commonly the big toe.
- Heart failure: A condition which is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently and effectively
- Hypopigmented lesions in children: Hypopigmented lesions in children refers are sores or ulcers that are colorless or have lost color in a child.
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Joint injury -- elbow: An injury to the elbow which is the joint between the upper and lower arm. Severity of symptoms varies depending on the type and severity of the injury and often the primary symptom is pain. An elbow injury can involve damage to the bones, ligaments or other tissues of the joint. The injury may be acute (e.g. trauma) or chronic (e.g. overuse).
- Joint pain: Pain affecting the joints
- Joint symptoms: Symptoms affecting the joints.
- Knuckle swelling: irregular swelling at the metacarpophalangeal joint.
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Lymphedema: Swelling of a region due to obstruction of lymphatic vessels
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Olecranon bursitis: Inflammation of the fluid-filled sac at the pointy end of the elbow. The inflammation can result from trauma to the elbow, infection or chronic injury which can result from frequently resting on the elbows.
- Pseudogout: A condition which is characterized by an acute inflammatory arthropathy caused by calcium pyrophosphate crystals
- Rheumatoid arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory condition which primarily affects the joints
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Skeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skeletal system such as the bones.
- Swelling of the fingers: inflammation and swelling of the fingers
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria (Treponema pallidum). The condition is often asymptomatic in the early stages but one or more sores may be present in the early stages. Untreated syphilis usually results in remission of visible symptoms but further severe damage may occur to internal organs and other body tissues which can result in death.
- Venous Insufficiency: A condition which is characterized by inadequacy of the venous valves which impairs venous drainage
- Venous Thrombosis: Formation of a blood clot in a vein. The clot can form in superficial veins and cause few if any symptoms or it can form in the deeper, larger leg veins which can be life-threatening in serious cases. A part of the clot can break off and travel (embolism) to the heart or lungs where it can cause serious problems.
- Venous insufficiency: A condition which is characterized by inadequacy of the venous valves which impairs venous drainage
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Elbow swelling:
The following list of conditions
have 'Elbow swelling' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Elbow swelling or choose View All.
» Next page: Elbow swelling in children
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: