Glossary for Endocrine disorder
Medical terms related to Endocrine disorder or mentioned in this section include:
- Acromegaly: An abnormal enlargement of the limbs due to increased secretion of growth hormone after the cessation of puberty
- Adrenal carcinoma: an aggressive cancer originating in the cortex (steroid hormone-producing tissue) of the adrenal gland.
- Adrenal disorders: Disorders affecting the adrenal glands
- Adrenal gland symptoms: Symptoms affecting the adrenal glands
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Congenital adrenal hyperplasia: A condition where excessive secretion of adrenocortical androgens cause a somatic masculization or ?virilization? effect on a fetus or baby. Symptoms in girls may include masculization of sex organs, low voice, acne, amenorrhea and masculine hair distribution and muscle growth. Symptoms in boys include enlarged penis, small testes. Children with the condition are usually taller than average but develop into short adults. Also called adrenogenital syndrome or adrenal virilism.
- Conn's syndrome: An adrenal gland disorder where excess aldosterone hormone is produced resulting in symptoms such as headache, fatigue, nocturia and increased urine production. Also called primary hyperaldosteronism.
- Cushing-like symptoms: Symptoms similar to those of Cushing's disease
- Diabetes insipidus: A condition which is characterized by polyuria causing dehydration and resulting in great thirst
- Dwarfism: An abnormally short individual
- Endocrine disorder: disease affecting the endocrine glands
- Endocrine disorders: Any disorder that affects the endocrine system
- Endocrine symptoms: Symptoms affecting the endocrine system such as hormones.
- Gigantism: Gigantism refers to abnormally high linear growth due to excessive action of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) while the epiphyseal growth plates are open during childhood.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hyperparathyroidism: Increased secretion of parathyroid hormone from the parathyroid glands.
- Hypoparathyroidism: causesd by lack of PTH
- Klinefelter syndrome: A genetic condition where males have at least one extra X chromosome or extra copies of both the X and Y chromosomes in each cell. Normally male cells contain one X and one Y chromosome in each cell. The condition is not inherited but is a result of problems during cell division. Klinefelter syndrome variants is a more severe form of the condition as it involves more than one extra X or X and Y chromosome in each cell.
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1: Rare inherited disease causing tumors in multiple glands
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2: Rare inherited disease causing tumors in multiple glands
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Numbness of both elbows: Numbness of both elbows refers to the loss or reduction of sensation in the elbows.
- Osteoporosis: Bone mass loss (osteoporosis) as a symptom
- Paget's disease of bone: A chronic, slowly progressing bone disorder where the bone is destroyed rapidly and replaced by abnormal bone which is dense and fragile.
- Pheochromocytoma: pheochromocytoma is a rare tumor that usually starts in the cells of the adrenal glands
- Prolactinoma: Benign cancer of the pituitary gland producing prolactin.
- Rickets: A condition that affects the bones due to vitamin D deficiency
- SIADH: Inappropriate release of Antidiuretic hormone, resulting in fluid retention.
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Thyroid disease: Any medical condition which affects the thyroid
- Thyroid symptoms: Symptoms affecting the thyroid gland
- Thyroiditis: Inflammation of the thyroid gland.
- Tumor: Abnormal tissue growth which may be malignant or benign.
- Turner Syndrome: Rare chromosome syndrome with one X but no second X or Y chromosome.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Endocrine disorder:
The following list of conditions
have 'Endocrine disorder' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Endocrine disorder or choose View All.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: