Glossary for Enlarged jaw
Medical terms related to Enlarged jaw or mentioned in this section include:
- Acromegaly: An abnormal enlargement of the limbs due to increased secretion of growth hormone after the cessation of puberty
- Actinomycosis: A chronic infection usually caused by an organism normally found in human bowels and mouths. The disease usually affects the face and neck and results in deep, lumpy abscesses that emit a grainy pus through multiple sinuses.
- Al Gazali-Khidr-Prem Chandran: A very rare syndrome characterized mainly by short stature, eye problems and an unusual cherubic facial appearance.
- Al Gazali-Khidr-Prem Chandran syndrome:
- Ameloblastoma: A congenital tumor of the pituitary gland. Also called craniopharyngioma, craniopharyngeal duct tumor, pituitary adamantinoma or Rathke's pouch tumor.
- Bone symptoms: Symptoms affecting the body's bones
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Breathing symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Cherubism: An inherited condition marked by bone degradation of the jaws followed by development of fibrous tissue which causes the face to swell and hence have a cherubic appearance.
- Cysts: Fluid-filled lump under the skin often produced by over-secreting gland
- Dental caries: Decay of the teeth
- Edema of the jaw: swelling of the jaw could be due to inflammotry, trauma related or infective in nature
- Eosinophilic granuloma: A fairly benign form of bone tumor.
- Face symptoms: Symptoms affecting the face
- Facial fracture: Fracture of a bone in the face
- Fibroma: A tumour that is comprised mainly of fibrous connective tissue
- Fibrous Dysplasia: A rare condition where fibrous tissues develops instead of normal bone tissue. One or more bones may be affected and bones in the legs, head and chest are the usual ones affected.
- Fragile-X Syndrome: A rare inherited characterized by various physical anomalies as well as mental retardation. The symptoms are milder in females.
- Gigantism: Gigantism refers to abnormally high linear growth due to excessive action of insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) while the epiphyseal growth plates are open during childhood.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hemangioma: A condition which is characterized by a benign tumour cause by newly formed blood vessels
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Jaw conditions: Conditions affecting the temporomandibular joint (the jaw).
- Jaw deformity: Distortion of malformation of the jaw which may be either congenital or acquired in nature.
- Jaw pain: Pain affecting the jaw or jawbone
- Jaw symptoms: Symptoms affecting the jaw
- Lung abscess: The formation of a localized collection of puss in a cavity in the lungs
- Marfan's syndrome: A genetic connective tissue disorder involving a defect of chromosome 15q21.1 which affects the production of the fibrillin needed to make connective tissue.
- McCune-Albright Syndrome: A rare genetic multisystem disorder characterized by abnormal skin pigmentation and endocrine gland dysfunction and replacement of parts of bone tissue with fibrous material.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Mumps: An acute viral disease that causes the salivary glands to become swollen, sore and inflamed. Immunization had greatly reduced the incidence of this disease.
- Osteoma: A benign bone tumor.
- Osteomyelitis: An infection that occurs in bone
- Paget's Disease: Breast carcinoma involving nipple and areola.
- Papilloma: A benign nipple-like growth on the surface of skin or mucus membrane.
- Respiratory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the breathing systems.
- Sclerosing bone dysplasia -- mental retardation: A rare disorder characterized by abnormal hardening (sclerosis) of the bone and mental retardation.
- Skeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skeletal system such as the bones.
- Skull symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skull surrounding the brain.
- Swelling on one side of the jaw: Swelling on one side of the jaw refers to puffiness or enlargement of one side of the jaw.
- Throat symptoms: Symptoms affecting the throat
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Enlarged jaw:
The following list of conditions
have 'Enlarged jaw' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Enlarged jaw or choose View All.