Glossary for Fainting in pregnancy
Medical terms related to Fainting in pregnancy or mentioned in this section include:
- Blood loss: loss of blood can occur through any of the body orifices
- Brissaud-Marie syndrome: A rare disorder characterized by symptoms similar to those caused by neurological diseases but there is no physical evidence to confirm neurological involvement. The symptoms are not feigned or intentionally produced.
- Cardiac arrhythmia: The occurrence of an abnormal cardiac rhythm
- Dehydration: Loss and reduction in body water levels
- Epilepsy: Paroxysmal transient disturbances of brain function that may manifest as loss of consciousness, abnormal motor phenomena
- Fainting: Feeling of lightheadedness and falling over
- Female reproductive symptoms: Symptoms affecting the female reproductive organs.
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- Giddiness in pregnancy: Giddiness in pregnancy is a feeling of the loss of balance.
- Hormonal changes: changes in the female sex hormones are associated with a number of physiological and pathological conditions
- Hyperventilation: Abnormally fast and deep breathing.
- Hypoglycemia: Low blood sugar levels
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Level of consciousness symptoms: Symptoms related to consciousness such as coma or loss of consciousness.
- Low blood pressure: Low blood pressure refers to blood pressure that is lower than the range that is considered normal. This may or may not cause symptoms and a person with low blood pressure may be catastrophically unwell, or perfectly well depending on the cause. Blood pressure refers to the pressure of the blood circulating through the blood vessels.
- Low haemoglobin: Decreased concentration of haemoglobin in the blood.
- Migraine: Severe complex headaches that occur periodically
- Pregnancy symptoms: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Pregnancy-related conditions: Any condition that is related to or caused by pregnancy
- Pulmonary embolus: Pulmonary embolus is a condition in which a blood clot, piece of fat, or other solid substance travels through the bloodstream and lodges in a blood vessel of the lungs causing a blockage.
- Stroke symptoms: Brain-related symptoms of bleeding or blockage.
- Syncopal episode in pregnancy: Syncopal episode in pregnancy is a brief loss of consciousness followed by a fall. This usually resolves once the person is horizontal with or without legs elevated.
- Syncope in pregnancy: Syncope in pregnancy is a brief loss of consciousness followed by a fall. This usually resolves once the person is horizontal with or without legs elevated.
- Vasovagal syncope: common cause of fainting
- Vertigo: Feeling that the room or person is moving or spinning.
- Vertigo in pregnancy: Vertigo in pregnancy is by definition a feeling of being in a room that is spinning, but commonly occurs in association with fainting episodes.
- Women's health symptoms: Symptoms related to women's health.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Fainting in pregnancy:
The following list of conditions
have 'Fainting in pregnancy' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Fainting in pregnancy or choose View All.
» Next page: Fainting with dyspnea
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: