Glossary for Finger swelling
Medical terms related to Finger swelling or mentioned in this section include:
- Allergic reaction: A hypersensitivity reaction produced by the body, which results in an exaggerated or inappropriate immune reaction to a particular substance.
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Arthritis-related enthesitis: Inflammation of the entheses due to arthritis. The enthuses is the site at which the tendon or ligament attaches to the bone.
- Cellulitis: inflammation of the subcutaneous fat
- Clotting symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood's ability to clot
- Complex regional pain syndrome: Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS) is a chronic pain condition that affects individuals following some form of trauma or injury to one or more of the limbs. It manifests as a non-stop,extremely intense pain most commonly affecting one of the arms, hands, legs or feet. Typical symptoms of CPRS include changes in the colour and temperature of the skin over the affected limb.
- Edema: The abnormal retention of fluid in a given anatomical area
- Finger conditions: Conditions that affect the fingers
- Finger numbness: Loss of feeling or sensation
- Finger pain: Pain affecting the fingers
- Finger sprain: Damage to ligaments in a finger.
- Finger symptoms: Symptoms affecting any fingers
- Hand injury: Any injury to the hand
- Hand symptoms: Symptoms affecting the hand
- Heart failure: A condition which is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently and effectively
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Kidney failure: The inability of the kidney to function correctly in its function of excreting metabolites from the blood
- Kniest dysplasia: A rare genetic bone growth disorder characterized by dwarfism, enlarged joints and facial deformities.
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Lymphadenopathy: Enlarged lymph glands.
- Lymphedema: Swelling of a region due to obstruction of lymphatic vessels
- Nephrotic syndrome: A condition involving excess loss of protein in the urine, reduced albumin levels in the blood and swelling.
- Pregnancy toxemia /hypertension: Preeclampsia is the development of high blood pressure, excess protein in the urine and swelling during pregnancy. Hypertension is a serious health condition due to the fact that it often causes no symptoms until it is severe. The blood pressure usually returns to normal after delivery.
- Renal failure: A condition characterized by a failure of the kidney to excrete toxic metabolites from the body
- Rheumatoid arthritis: An autoimmune inflammatory condition which primarily affects the joints
- Scleroderma: A rare, progressive connective tissue disorder involving thickening and hardening of the skin and connective tissue. There are a number of forms of scleroderma with some forms being systemic (involving internal organs).
- Seal finger syndrome: A type of finger infection that occurs in people involved with killing and skinning seals. The type of infection is unknown.
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Venous Insufficiency: A condition which is characterized by inadequacy of the venous valves which impairs venous drainage
- Venous Thrombosis: Formation of a blood clot in a vein. The clot can form in superficial veins and cause few if any symptoms or it can form in the deeper, larger leg veins which can be life-threatening in serious cases. A part of the clot can break off and travel (embolism) to the heart or lungs where it can cause serious problems.
- Venous insufficiency: A condition which is characterized by inadequacy of the venous valves which impairs venous drainage
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Finger swelling:
The following list of conditions
have 'Finger swelling' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Finger swelling or choose View All.
» Next page: Finger symptoms
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: