Glossary for Gluteal rash
Medical terms related to Gluteal rash or mentioned in this section include:
- Arm rash: An eruption on the skin of the arm.
- Buttock rash: An eruption on the skin of the buttocks.
- Buttock rash in children: A buttock rash in children is any type of abnormal skin eruption or condition on the buttocks.
- Chickenpox: Common viral infection.
- Congenital sucrose-isomaltose malabsorption: A rare disorder where a congenital deficiency of an enzyme (sucrase-isomaltase) prevents the absorption of sucrase and isomaltose consumed in the diet.
- Contact dermatitis: Skin reaction to an irritant
- Diaper rash: Red rash in diaper area of infants
- Dry skin: Dryness, cracking or scaling of the skin.
- Eczema: Skin rash usually from allergic causes.
- Heat rash: Skin rash due to hot and humid weather
- Ichthyosis: Fish-like scaly dry skin areas
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Itching skin: Itching feeling of the skin.
- Measles: Once common viral infection now rare due to vaccination.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition where the defective immune system causes skin cells to grow rapidly. It affects a significant number of people. Arthritis, which can be severe, is associated with the psoriasis in up to a third of cases. Not all patients who are susceptible to the condition will develop it - roughly 10% of those susceptible will actually develop the condition. There are various environmental factors which can trigger the onset of the disease e.g. strep throat (common trigger), some medication, stress and cold weather. Once the disease develops, it may resolve on its own or with treatment or may become a persistent chronic condition. The severity and duration of symptoms is variable.
- Rash: Rash of any type affecting the skin.
- Scabies: Mite infection of the skin common in institutions.
- Skin problems: Any condition that affects the skin
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Tinea: A condition which is characterized by an infection caused by a fungus
- Yaws: A rare infections disease caused by the spiral-shaped bacteria Treponema pertenue. The disease consists of three phases: skin lesions are followed by bone, joint and widespread skin symptoms and finally by inflammation and destruction of cartilage in the nose, pharynx and palate. Transmission can be through direct contact with infected skin, insect bites or sex.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Gluteal rash:
The following list of conditions
have 'Gluteal rash' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Gluteal rash or choose View All.
» Next page: Gluteus medius
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: