Glossary for Groin swelling
Medical terms related to Groin swelling or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal swelling: Swelling or bloating of the abdomen
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Abscess: This is an area of puss collected in a cavity which is constituted by necrotised tissue
- Bartholin's abscess: Abscess in a small vaginal gland
- Bubonic plague: Severe flea-borne bacterial disease
- Cancer: Abnormal overgrowth of body cells.
- Chancroid: An sexually transmitted disease caused by the Haemophilus ducreyi bacteria and is characterized by painful genital ulceration.
- Classical Hodgkin disease: Hodgkin's disease is a type of cancer characterized by the abnormal proliferation of a type of white blood cell called lymphocyte. Hodgkin's lymphoma is classified into classical types and nodular lymphocyte predominant type. The nodular form tends to be more localized than the classical form. Classical Hodgkin's lymphoma is further subdivided into four subgroups depending on the cell composition of the lymphoma: nodular sclerosing, mixed cellularity, lymphocyte rich and lymphocyte depleted.
- Cystic Hygroma: A progressive condition characterized by a sac filled with lymphatic fluid that forms in the lymphatic system, usually at the nape of the neck but sometimes in other parts of the body.
- Gonorrhea: Common sexually transmitted disease often without symptoms.
- Groin pain: Pain affecting the groin
- Groin swelling: Swelling in the groin joint area
- Groin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the groin
- HIV like lymphadenopathy: Painless lymphadenopathy.
- Hernia: General term for an organ protruding where it should not.
- Hip symptoms: Symptoms affecting the hip joint.
- Hodgkin's Disease: A form of cancer that affects the lymphatic system.
- Hydrocele: Swollen testes due to fluid
- Inguinal hernia: Protrusion of the intestines out of the groin area.
- Inguinal lymphadenopathy: Inguinal lymphadenopathy is a condition in which there are enlarged or swollen lymph nodes in the groin area.
- Inguinal swelling: A lump or swelling in the inguinal region.
- Leg swelling: Swelling of one or both legs
- Lipoma: Tumor of fat cells usually just under the skin
- Lymphatic Filariasis: Parasitic worm infection of the lympatic system
- Lymphogranuloma venereum: Type of chlamydia (sexually transmitted disease)
- Lymphoma: Any neoplastic disorder that occurs in lymphoid tissue
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Nodular sclerosing Hodgkin's lymphoma: Hodgkin's disease is a type of cancer characterized by the abnormal proliferation of a type of white blood cell called lymphocyte. Hodgkin's lymphoma is classified into classical types and nodular lymphocyte predominant type. The nodular form tends to be more localized than the classical form. Classical Hodgkin's lymphoma is further subdivided into four subgroups depending on the cell composition of the lymphoma: nodular sclerosing, mixed cellularity, lymphocyte rich and lymphocyte depleted.
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: A condition which is any neoplastic disorder of the lymphoid tissue
- Occupational Cancer -- Hodgkin's lymphoma: Occupational exposure to wood dust can increase the risk of developing Hodgkin's lymphoma.
- Plague: Any epidemic disease with a high death rate.
- River Blindness: Skin and eye infection caused by the helminth (worm) 'Onchocerca volvulus', transmitted via fly bites and usually seen only in parts of Africa, the Middle East and South America
- Skin Cancer: The occurrence of a malignancy that is located on the skin
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Swollen glands: Swelling of glands or lymph nodes
- Swollen lymph nodes: Swelling or enlargement of the lymph nodes
- Syphilis: A sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria (Treponema pallidum). The condition is often asymptomatic in the early stages but one or more sores may be present in the early stages. Untreated syphilis usually results in remission of visible symptoms but further severe damage may occur to internal organs and other body tissues which can result in death.
- Testicular torsion: Twisting of a testicle's spermatic cord
- Tuberculosis: Bacterial infection causing nodules forming, most commonly in the lung.
- Undescended testicle: A condition which is characterized by a testes which has not completely descended
- Urethral cancer: A rare cancer that develops in the urethra which carries urine from the bladder to be excreted.
- Varicose veins: Appearance of veins in the skin
- Viral diseases: Any disease that is caused by a virus
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Groin swelling:
The following list of conditions
have 'Groin swelling' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Groin swelling or choose View All.
Nov 10, 2003
» Next page: Join in at the forums
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: