Glossary for Guillain-Barre syndrome
Medical terms related to Guillain-Barre syndrome or mentioned in this section include:
- Autoimmune diseases: A group of disorders in which the primary cause is the an inflammatory reaction caused by the body's own immune system attacking tissues
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Campylobacter food poisoning: Common bacterial infection usually from chicken.
- Campylobacter jejuni infection: Campylobacter jejuni infection is a common food borne bacterial infection which may vary in severity from mild to severe. Death can occur in severe cases but tends to occur in patients with other existing illnesses such as HIV, cancer or liver disease. The infection can in rare cause infection in other parts of the body such as the appendix, abdominal cavity, central nervous system (meningitis), gallbladder, urinary tract and blood stream. Undercooked chicken is the main source of infection.
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome: An acute condition which is characterized by polyradiculoneuropathy that affects the peripheral nervous system
- Guillain-Barre syndrome: An acute condition which is characterized by polyradiculoneuropathy that affects the peripheral nervous system
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Infection: Infections as a symptom.
- Inflammatory symptoms: Symptoms related to inflammation.
- Movement symptoms: Changes to movement or motor abilities
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Neuropathy: A condition which is characterized by a functional disturbance or pathological change in the peripheral nervous system
- Numbness: Loss of feeling or sensation
- Paralysis symptoms: Loss of body control and/or feeling.
- Peripheral neuropathy: Any loss in the function of the peripheral nervous system
- Respiratory infections: Any infection that occurs to the respiratory system
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Tingling: Tingling, prickling, or pins-and-needles sensations
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Guillain-Barre syndrome:
The following list of conditions
have 'Guillain-Barre syndrome' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Guillain-Barre syndrome or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Guillain-Barre syndrome:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Guillain-Barre syndrome'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: