Glossary for Hepatic porphyria
Medical terms related to Hepatic porphyria or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Abnormal blood test symptoms: Abnormal results from diagnostic blood tests.
- Acute intermittent porphyria: A rare inherited metabolic disorder caused by a disturbed porphyrin metabolism resulting in increased production of porphyrin or its precursors. Symptoms include abdominal pain, photosensitivity and neurological disturbances such as seizures, coma, hallucinations and respiratory paralysis.
- Blood symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood and its blood cells.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Dobriner syndrome: An inherited metabolic disorder involving a deficiency of coproporphyrinogen oxidase. The condition is similar to but milder than intermittent porphyria and sometimes includes photosensitivity.
- Liver pain: Pain or discomfort due to the liver
- Liver problems: Any problems that are associated with the livers structure and function
- Liver symptoms: Symptoms affecting the liver
- Porphyria: A group of disorders characterized by excess production of porphyrin or its precursors which affects the skin and/or nervous system.
- Porphyria Cutanea Tarda: A rare metabolic condition involving a deficiency of the enzyme uroporphyrinogen decarboxylase. This results in a buildup of porphyrins in the skin which makes it sensitive to light. Most symptoms tend to primarily affected the areas of skin most exposed to sun e.g. back of hands and arms.
- Upper abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the upper abdominal region.
- Variegate porphyria: A rare metabolic disorder characterized by a deficiency of a certain enzyme which results in a build-up in the body of porphyrins or their precursors. This form of hepatic porphyria causes the sufferer to have acute attacks as well as skin sensitivity.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Hepatic porphyria:
The following list of conditions
have 'Hepatic porphyria' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Hepatic porphyria or choose View All.
» Next page: Hepatic ulcer
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: