Glossary for Intermittent Crohns-like rectal symptoms
Medical terms related to Intermittent Crohns-like rectal symptoms or mentioned in this section include:
- Aaa_unused symptom qualifiers: Internal web site information of no relevance to patients
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Acute Crohns-like rectal bleeding: disorders which can cause acute rectal bleeding( hematochezia) similar to that in case of Crohn's disease
- Acute crohns-like rectal symptoms: disorders which can cause acute rectal bleeding( hematochezia) similar to that in case of Crohn's disease
- Anal fissure: A painful ulcer linear to the margin of the anus
- Angiodysplasia: Abnormality of small blood vessels - especially in the intestinal tract - which can result in bleeding. The size of the lesion involved determines the severity of the condition. Small amounts of bleeding from one lesion often goes unnoticed but multiple large lesions may cause heavy bleeding and result in black tarry stool and anemia.
- Bowel problems: Symptoms affecting the bowel
- Chronic Crohns-like rectal symptoms: disorders which can cause chronic rectal symptoms similar to that in case of Crohn's disease
- Coagulopathy: A disorder of the blood where it fails to clot normally.
- Colitis: Inflammation of the colon
- Colorectal cancer: Cancer of the colon (bowel) or rectum.
- Crohn's disease: Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive system. It is one of a group of diseases called inflammatory bowel disease. The disease can affect any area from the mouth to the anus. It often affects the lower part of the small intestine called the ileum.
- Crohn's-like symptoms: the main symptoms of Crohn's disease include diarrhoea, loss of weight and abdominal pain
- Crohns-like rectal bleeding: disorders which can cause rectal bleeding( hematochezia) similar to that in case of Crohn's disease
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Hemorrhoids: A condition characterized by the prolapse of an anal cushion that may result in bleeding and pain
- Inflammatory bowel disease: Inflammatory bowel disease refers to digestive symptoms resulting from chronic bowel inflammation. Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are two of the main subtypes of the disease. Scientists have discovered an array of genetic mutations which can result in an increased susceptibility to inflammatory bowel disease. Not all people with the genetic anomaly will develop the condition but it can increase the risk especially if other environmental factors are also present. The severity of the disease that develops is variable.
- Intestinal polyp:
- Irritable bowel syndrome: A chronic non inflammatory disease with a psychophysiologic basis
- Meckel's diverticulum: A Meckel's diverticulum is a pouch on the wall of the lower part of the small bowel that is present at birth (congenital). The diverticulum may contain tissue from the stomach or pancreas.
- Pelvic abscess: A pus-filled cavity in the pelvis due to infection.
- Proctitis: Inflammation which occurs in the rectum
- Rectal conditions: Any condition that affects the rectum
- Rectal disorder: diseases of the rectum
- Rectal pain: Pain occurring on or around the rectum
- Rectum symptoms: Symptoms affecting the rectum at the end of the digestive tract.
- Recurring Crohns-like rectal symptoms: disorders which can cause recurring rectal symptoms similar to that in case of Crohn's disease
- Severe Crohns-like rectal bleeding: disorders which can cause severe rectal bleeding( hematochezia) similar to that in case of Crohn's disease
- Severe Crohns-like rectal symptoms: disorders which can cause severe rectal bleeding( hematochezia) similar to that in case of Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis: Ulcerative colitis (Colitis ulcerosa, UC) is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Ulcerative colitis is a form of colitis, a disease of the intestine, specifically the large intestine or colon, that includes characteristic ulcers, or open sores, in the colon.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Intermittent Crohns-like rectal symptoms:
The following list of conditions
have 'Intermittent Crohns-like rectal symptoms' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Intermittent Crohns-like rectal symptoms or choose View All.