Glossary for Intermittent nuchal rigidity
Medical terms related to Intermittent nuchal rigidity or mentioned in this section include:
- Aaa_unused symptom qualifiers: Internal web site information of no relevance to patients
- Arthritis: A condition which is characterized by the inflammation of a joint
- Brain cancer: Cancer of the brain.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Brain tumor: A condition which is characterized by the abnormal growth of tissue within the brain
- Chemical meningitis: Symptomatic aseptic, chemical meningitis is a rare complication of myelography. A number of these cases have a history of one or more episodes of chemical meningitis preceding their arachnoiditis.
- Dental abscess: Abscess of tooth, gum, or jawbone
- Encephalitis: Infection of the brain (as a symptom)
- Epiglotitis: Inflamation of the epiglottis in the throat
- Epiglottitis: is the inflammation of the epiglottis and is a medical emergency
- Focal dystonia: A neurological condition that affects a localized muscle group causing the muscle to contract and twist. For example, foot dystonia can cause the muscles to contract and the toes to curl inwards. The disorder can occur in the limbs, larynx, jaw, neck trunk and other body parts.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: Chronic arthritis affecting children and teens
- Larynx spasm: Sudden abnormal contraction of the laryngeal muscles.
- Meningitis: Infection of the membrane around the brain (as a symptom)
- Movement symptoms: Changes to movement or motor abilities
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Musculoskeletal symptoms: Symptoms affecting muscles or bones of the skeleton.
- Neck symptoms: Symptoms affecting the neck
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Nuchal rigidity: nuchal rigidity or neck stiffness is tested by placing the examiner's hand under the patient's head and gently trying to flex the neck. Undue resistance implies diffuse irritation of the cervical nerve roots from meningeal inflammation
- Pneumonia: Lung infection or inflammation (as a symptom)
- Retropharyngeal abscess: The high mortality rate of retropharyngeal abscess is owing to its association with airway obstruction
- Rigidity: When there is inflexibility or stiffness
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Spinal Cord Tumor: Cancer of the spinal cord or central nervous system.
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage: subarachnoid hemorrhage is bleeding in the area between the brain and the thin tissues that cover the brain. This area is called the subarachnoid space
- Tetanus: A disease caused by chemicals which are produced by a bacterium (clostridium tetani) and are toxic to the nerves. The infection usually occurs when the bacteria enter the body through a deep wound - these bacteria are anaerobic and hence don't need oxygen to survive.
- Torticollis: Twisted neck
- Wry neck: Twisted neck
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Intermittent nuchal rigidity:
The following list of conditions
have 'Intermittent nuchal rigidity' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Intermittent nuchal rigidity or choose View All.
» Next page: Intermittent obstipation
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: