Diagnostic Tests for Isolation
Diagnostic Test list for Isolation:
The list of diagnostic tests
mentioned in various sources as
used in the diagnosis of Isolation
- Physical examination
- Examine for possible causes of physical illness that may cause detachment, social withdrawal and isolation - e.g. progressive supranuclear palsy (inability to move the eyes vertically or laterally), neurocysticercosis or Naegleria (signs of meningoencephalitis), Huntington's disease (chorea), encephalitis, anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa.
- Mental state examination - including appearance, behavior, rate and continuity of speech, mood, affect, thought content, evidence of any hallucinations or abnormal beliefs, orientation to time, place and person, attention and concentration, short-term memory, insight and judgement. This examination may assist in diagnosing depression, schizophrenia, bipolar affective disorder and dementia.
- Blood tests
- Radiological investigations
Home Diagnostic Testing
These home medical tests may be relevant to Isolation causes:
- Child Behavior: Home Testing
- Mental Health (Adults): Home Testing
- Home Drug Tests
- Smoking-Related Disorders: Home Testing:
- Mental Health: Home Testing:
- Brain & Neurological Disorders: Related Home Testing:
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Isolation:
The following list of conditions
have 'Isolation' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Isolation or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Isolation:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Isolation'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Glossary
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: