Glossary for Lump in the armpit
Medical terms related to Lump in the armpit or mentioned in this section include:
- AIDS: A term given to HIV patients who have a low CD4 count (below 200) which means that they have low levels of a type of immune cell called T-cells. AIDS patients tend to develop opportunistic infections and cancers. Opportunistic infections are infections that would not normally affect a person with a healthy immune system. The HIV virus is a virus that attacks the body's immune system.
- Abscess: This is an area of puss collected in a cavity which is constituted by necrotised tissue
- Allergic reaction: A hypersensitivity reaction produced by the body, which results in an exaggerated or inappropriate immune reaction to a particular substance.
- Arm infection: Infection of the tissues of the arm.
- Arm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the arm
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Breast cancer: A condition which is characterized by the presence of malignant tissue within breast tissue
- Breast infection: Inflammatory conditions affecting the breast tissue.
- Cat scratch disease: An infectious disease transmitted through a cat's bite, scratch or lick and resulting primarily in lymph node pain and swelling. The condition can be mild or severe.
- Cellulitis: inflammation of the subcutaneous fat
- Chickenpox: Common viral infection.
- Cysts: Fluid-filled lump under the skin often produced by over-secreting gland
- Fever: Raised body temperature usually with other symptoms.
- Folliculitis: An inflammatory reaction which occurs in the follicles
- Hidradenitis suppurativa: A bacterial skin infection that occurs when sweat glands become blocked. Inflamed, pus producing nodules develop and eventually cause scarring. Mainly affects sweat glands in the armpits, groin, breasts and anal areas.
- Iodine -- Teratogenic Agent: There is evidence to indicate that exposure to Iodine during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Leg symptoms: Symptoms affecting the leg
- Limb symptoms: Symptoms affecting the limbs
- Lipoma: Tumor of fat cells usually just under the skin
- Lump: Any type of lump on the skin or body areas
- Lymph symptoms: Symptoms affecting the lymphatic system or lymph nodes
- Lymphadenitis: Inflammation that occurs in the lymph nodes
- Lymphoma: Any neoplastic disorder that occurs in lymphoid tissue
- Measles: Once common viral infection now rare due to vaccination.
- Melanoma: Melanoma is the most dangerous type of skin cancer. It is the leading cause of death from skin disease. It involves cells called melanocytes, which produce a skin pigment called melanin. Melanin is responsible for skin and hair color.
- Mononucleosis: Common infectious virus.
- Mumps: An acute viral disease that causes the salivary glands to become swollen, sore and inflamed. Immunization had greatly reduced the incidence of this disease.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Skin symptoms: Symptoms affecting the skin.
- Sporotrichosis: A fungal skin infection caused by the fungus Sporothrix schenckii. Usually only the skin is infected but bones, lungs and central nervous system can rarely be affected also. Transmission usually occurs through infection of a skin wound.
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Tender regional lymph nodes: enlarged , painful lymph nodes
- Underarm pain: A feeling of distress and agony caused by the stimulation of pain nerve endings in the underarm
- Underarm symptoms: Symptoms affecting the underarm area
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Lump in the armpit:
The following list of conditions
have 'Lump in the armpit' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Lump in the armpit or choose View All.
» Next page: Lump in the breast
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: