Glossary for Myocardial infarction
Medical terms related to Myocardial infarction or mentioned in this section include:
- Anaphylaxis: An immediate hypersensitivity reaction due to the exposure of a specific antigen to a sensitized individual
- Anoxia: A condition marked by a lack of oxygen.
- Aortic dissection: A tear in the inner layer of the aorta (major artery in the body) which allows blood to escape into outer layers of the artery.
- Arrhythmias: The occurrence of irregular heart beats
- Arteritis: Inflammation of an artery
- Atherosclerosis: A condition which is a form of arteriosclerosis where atheromas are caused by the aggregation of cholesterol and lipids
- Bleeding symptoms: Any type of bleeding symptoms.
- Blood vessel symptoms: Symptoms affecting the blood vessels
- Breath symptoms: Breath-related symptoms including breath odor
- Cardiovascular symptoms: Symptoms affecting the heart and related vascular systems.
- Circulation symptoms: Symptoms affecting the circulatory system
- Cocaine -- Teratogenic Agent: There is evidence to indicate that exposure to Cocaine during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Coronary heart disease: Any disease that affects that heart but particularly relating to its own blood supply
- Diabetes-like symptoms: Symptoms similar to those of diabetes
- Diethylstilbestrol: A synthetic nonsteroidal estrogen
- Dissecting aortic aneurysm: aortic dissection is a potentially life-threatening condition in which there is bleeding into and along the wall of the aorta, the major artery leaving the heart
- Electrocution: Any injury caused by electricity
- Electrolyte imbalance: impairment in the level of electrolytes in the body
- Fabry disease: Genetic fat storage disorder
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heart attack: An acute myocardial infarction
- Heart disease: Any disease that affects that heart but particularly relating to its own blood supply
- Heart symptoms: Symptoms affecting the heart
- Hemorrhage: Any type of bleeding symptoms.
- Hypercholesterolemia: is the presence of high levels of cholesterol in the blood.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: Heart damage from thickened heart walls.
- Hypoxia: This is where there is a reduction of oxygen supply to parts of the body below what is required for adequate perfusion
- Kawasaki disease: A childhood illness that generally affects the skin, mouth and lymph nodes.
- Malignant hypertension: Malignant hypertension is a condition characterized by very high blood pressure and swelling of the optic nerve. This type of hypertension is more common in people with kidney problems such as narrowed kidney blood vessels. The condition is a medical emergency which can cause organ damage if not treated promptly.
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Polyarteritis nodosa: A serious blood vessel disease where small and medium-sized arteries become swollen and damaged and are unable to adequately supply oxygenated blood to various tissues in the body. The disease can occur in a mild form or a serious, rapidly fatal form.
- Prinzmetal's variant angina: A rare disorder where the heart artery spasms which affects the blood flow to the heart and causes pain. The condition can occur with or without physical activity.
- Respiratory failure: A condition which is due to marked impairment of respiratory function
- Shock: Physical and mental reaction to reduced circulation
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Myocardial infarction:
The following list of conditions
have 'Myocardial infarction' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Myocardial infarction or choose View All.
» Next page: Disease Center Information
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: