Glossary for Peripheral edema
Medical terms related to Peripheral edema or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Acid-Base Imbalance: A disruption to the normal acid-base equilibrium in the body. There are four main groups of disorder involving an acid-base imbalance: respiratory acidosis or alkalosis and metabolic acidosis or alkalosis. Obviously the severity of symptoms is determined by the degree of imbalance.
- Aging: The medical conditions from getting older.
- Alcohol abuse: Excessive alcohol as a symptom of other conditions
- Amlodipine -- Teratogenic Agent: There is strong evidence to indicate that exposure to Amlodipine during pregnancy may have a teratogenic effect on the fetus. A teratogen is a substance that can cause birth defects. The likelihood and severity of defects may be affected by the level of exposure and the stage of pregnancy that the exposure occurred at.
- Bright's Disease: A condition where the parts of the kidneys that are responsible for filtering become inflamed and results in blood and proteins accidentally leaking into the urine. The condition can occur after certain infections and serious kidney dysfunction can result in severe or chronic complications.
- Congestive heart failure: A condition which is characterized by breathlessness due to oedema and congestion of the lungs
- Constrictive pericarditis: Constrictive pericarditis refers to an chronic inflammation of the sac that covers the heart (pericardium) that results in scarring of the pericardium.
- Constrictive tuberculous pericarditis: Inflammation and swelling of the pericardium (fibrous sac surrounding the heart) that occurs as a complication of tuberculosis. The condition may be misdiagnosed as a heart attack and vice versa.
- Edema: The abnormal retention of fluid in a given anatomical area
- End Stage Liver Failure: Late stage of liver failure characterised by the onset of mental and neurological symptoms, due to build up of toxic metabolites.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Heart failure: A condition which is characterized by an inability of the heart to pump blood efficiently and effectively
- Hypothyroidism: The decreased activity of the thyroid gland
- Injury: Any damage inflicted in the body
- Itraconazole toxicity: The toxic reaction of the body to the substance,
possibly via allergic reaction or overdose.
- Kidney symptoms: Symptoms affecting one or both kidneys.
- Liver conditions: Any condition that affects the liver
- Liver symptoms: Symptoms affecting the liver
- Loeffler's endocarditis: Heart muscle disease caused by infiltration of the heart by eosinophils (type of white blood cell). It occurs as a complication long-term, high eosinophilic levels in the peripheral blood.
- Lymphangiectasies and lymphedema Hennekam type: A rare disorder characterized by buildup of lymphatic fluid in the limbs, face and genitals, seizures and mental and growth retardation.
- Lymphatic Obstruction: A blockage of the lymph vessels that drain fluid from body tissues and facilitate immune system cell movement through the body. Lymphatic obstruction can be caused by such things as tumors, surgery, injury and infection. Obstruction can be primary (as in the case of inherited conditions such as lymphatic hypoplasia) or secondary (as in the case of infection).
- Lymphoedema -- lymphangiectasia -- mental retardation: A rare disorder characterized by buildup of lymphatic fluid in the limbs, face and genitals, seizures and mental and growth retardation.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Muscle symptoms: Symptoms affecting the muscles of the body
- Nephrotic syndrome: A condition involving excess loss of protein in the urine, reduced albumin levels in the blood and swelling.
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Pericarditis: Inflammation of the pericardium that surrounds the heart
- Peripheral edema in pregnancy: Peripheral edema in pregnancy is a noticeable swelling in the feet, hands and legs due to retention of fluid.
- Pregnancy symptoms: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Respiratory acidosis: respiratory acidosis is acidosis (abnormally increased acidity of the blood) due to decreased ventilation of the pulmonary alveoli, leading to elevated arterial carbon dioxide concentration
- Swelling symptoms: Symptoms causing swelling or enlargement.
- Thinness: Underweight and thin
- Venous insufficiency: A condition which is characterized by inadequacy of the venous valves which impairs venous drainage
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Peripheral edema:
The following list of conditions
have 'Peripheral edema' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Peripheral edema or choose View All.