Diagnostic Tests for Restlessness
Diagnostic Test list for Restlessness:
The list of diagnostic tests
mentioned in various sources as
used in the diagnosis of Restlessness
- Physical examination
- Observe general appearance - e.g. restless, distressed, agitated.
- Note facial expression, posture and gait
- Note speed of movement and amount of movement
- Note presence of any abnormal movements (such as tics or choreic movements). Choreic movements (non- repetitive abrupt involuntary jerky movements) can cause the appearance of restlessness. Causes of chorea include Huntington's chorea, Sydenham's chorea, Wilson's disease and senility
- Full physical examination to detect signs of physical conditions that may cause restlessness
- Blood tests
- Urine tests
- Radiological investigations
- CT Scan or MRI Scan of brain may be indicated
- Neurodevelopment assessment - is an important part of the evaluation of children who are thought to be hyperactive and restless in order to exclude developmental weaknesses.
- Mini-mental state examination - if dementia is suspected test memory and cognitive function.
- Mental state examination - including appearance, behavior, rate and continuity of speech, mood, affect, thought content, evidence of any hallucinations or abnormal beliefs, orientation to time, place and person, attention and concentration, short-term memory, insight and judgement. Will help detect psychiatric conditions that may cause restlessness.
Home Diagnostic Testing
These home medical tests may be relevant to Restlessness causes:
- Sleep Disorders: Home Testing
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Restlessness:
The following list of conditions
have 'Restlessness' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Restlessness or choose View All.
Conditions listing medical complications: Restlessness:
The following list of medical conditions have 'Restlessness'
or similar listed as a medical complication in our database.
» Next page: Glossary
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: