Glossary for Right-upper-quadrant tenderness
Medical terms related to Right-upper-quadrant tenderness or mentioned in this section include:
- Abdominal Pain: Pain in the abdominal area or stomach.
- Abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the abdomen or digestive tract
- Acute Cholecystitis: Acute inflammation of the gall bladder, usually due to obstruction by a gall stone
- Acute fatty liver of pregnancy: A rare complication of pregnancy that can occur in the second half of the pregnancy. It is characterized by excessive fatty deposits in the liver which can be fatal without prompt diagnosis and treatment which involves delivering the baby as soon as possible.
- Bile Duct Cancer: A malignancy arising in the bile ducts of the liver
- Bile duct cysts: The formation of a cyst (dilation or swelling) in the bile duct which can obstruct the flow of bile and result in jaundice.
- Biliary Colic: A condition which is characterized by the occurrence of colic due to the passage of gallstones along the biliary tract
- Biliary colic: A condition which is characterized by the occurrence of colic due to the passage of gallstones along the biliary tract
- Body symptoms: Symptoms affecting the entire body features.
- Brain symptoms: Symptoms affecting the brain
- Cholangitis: bile duct inflammation (cholangitis)
- Cholelithiasis: gallstones (choleliths) are crystalline bodies formed within the body by accretion or concretion of normal or abnormal bile component.
- Cholestasis: A condition where bile formation or flow is reduced.
- Common symptoms: The most common symptoms
- Constant right-upper-quadrant tenderness: Constant right-upper-quadrant tenderness is steady discomfort in the right upper area of the abdomen, especially when it is pressed.
- Digestive symptoms: Any symptoms affecting the digestive tract.
- Fatty liver: A condition which is characterized by the accumulation fatty deposits in the liver
- Fatty liver disease: Fatty liver disease can range from fatty liver alone (steatosis) to fatty liver associated with inflammation (steatohepatitis). This condition can occur with the use of alcohol (alcohol-related fatty liver) or in the absence of alcohol (nonalcoholic fatty liver disease [NAFLD]).
- Fitz-Hugh-Curtis syndrome: A rare condition where the thin layer around the liver becomes infected as a result of a spread of infection from gonococcal or chlamydial infections in females.
- Gallstones: A condition where biliary calculi form in the gallbladder
- Gastric Ulcer: A gastric ulcer is a break in the normal tissue that lines the stomach.
- Head symptoms: Symptoms affecting the head or brain
- Hepatitis: Any inflammation of the liver
- Hydatid cyst: It is rare for hydatid disease to be encountered primarily in the urogenital system or retroperitoneum. Moreover, prostatic involvement is extremely rare.
- Mouth symptoms: Symptoms of the mouth or oral area.
- Neoplastic disorders: abnormal proliferation of cells
- Nerve symptoms: Symptoms affecting the nerves
- Neurological symptoms: Any symptoms that are caused by neurological conditions
- Pain: Any type of pain sensation symptoms.
- Pancreatitis: Any inflammation that occurs in the pancreas
- Pneumonia: Lung infection or inflammation (as a symptom)
- Pregnancy: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Pregnancy symptoms: Symptoms related to pregnancy.
- Pregnancy toxemia /hypertension: Preeclampsia is the development of high blood pressure, excess protein in the urine and swelling during pregnancy. Hypertension is a serious health condition due to the fact that it often causes no symptoms until it is severe. The blood pressure usually returns to normal after delivery.
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis: Primary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC) is a chronic cholestatic liver disease of unknown etiology that is recognized increasingly in children.
- Pulmonary edema: A condition which is characterized by engorgement of the pulmonary vessels and transudation of fluid into the alveoli
- Renal colic: Severe urinary system pain usually from a urinary stone
- Sensations: Changes to sensations or the senses
- Sensory symptoms: Symptoms affecting the sensory systems.
- Subphrenic abscess: A pus-filled cavity in the subphrenic region which is the area below the diaphragm but above the colon and liver. The infection can occur as a complication of abdominal surgery, acute pancreatitis and trauma.
- Tenderness: The occurrence of the sensation of pain
- Upper abdominal symptoms: Symptoms affecting the upper abdominal region.
Conditions listing medical symptoms: Right-upper-quadrant tenderness:
The following list of conditions
have 'Right-upper-quadrant tenderness' or similar
listed as a symptom in our database.
This computer-generated list may be inaccurate or incomplete.
Always seek prompt professional medical advice about the cause
of any symptom.
Select from the following alphabetical view of conditions which
include a symptom of Right-upper-quadrant tenderness or choose View All.
» Next page: Right/left mid abdomen mass
Medical Tools & Articles:
Tools & Services:
Forums & Message Boards
- Ask or answer a question at the Boards: